Sugars vs calories

Options
Hey guys!
I have a question about sugars and calories. So far, I have lost 24 pounds watching my calories and exercising. I have about 4 pounds more to lose and it is all in my pouch area below my belly button. I have a feeling I am going to have a hard time losing the last little bit. My question is should I be watching all the sugars I eat as well? I eat a lot of veggies and fruit and yogurt, so my sugars are always 10-30 grams over my daily allowance. Anybody have any ideas/advice?

Thanks!
Ky

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My question is should I be watching all the sugars I eat as well? I eat a lot of veggies and fruit and yogurt, so my sugars are always 10-30 grams over my daily allowance. Anybody have any ideas/advice?
    MFP's sugar guideline is low - it's the "added sugars" number from dietary standards. Going over it isn't an issue really, but there are yogurts and low sugar berries that would hold it down too.
  • phishn4peace
    phishn4peace Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

anyone else have any suggesions?
  • lauracljc
    Options
    How is your sodium intake? Drink lots of water
  • phishn4peace
    phishn4peace Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I never really go over sodium
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I've never really paid that much attention to macros though try to eat fairly low sodium and pretty much do avoid REFINED sugar where possible. I never count the sugars found in fruit (or alcohol :drinker: )
  • jrmartinezb
    jrmartinezb Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well, the last pounds will definitely be harder, simply because your caloric needs decrease with weight. As far as energy is concerned, I don't think it will make a difference if you avoid calories from sugars or from any other source.

However, I would try to avoid foods high in refined sugars or simple carbs (not sugars from fruit) since those are not filling, they are usually nutritionally poor, they create an insulin spike and they tend to make me feel hungrier.

I wouldn't worry if my sugars came from fruit and veggies.