Oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My usual way is with natural peanut butter or PB2, and sometimes cocoa powder, and tons of whey powder (proatmeal). Last night I dumped in a serving of sugar-free chocolate pudding made with unsweetened almond milk and it was the BOMB. Oatmeal is awesome.
  • fitnhealthy21
    Options
    I chop a small apple up, cook it in almond milk and cinnamon, then I add the oats and cook a little longer. :) So good
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My favorite is is some steel cut oats with raw almonds and cinnamon all over the top mmmmmm i'm eating some right now lol
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Love my oats! Race Horses like it too!

I usually mix in a scoop of whey powder and some mashed banana. Yum!
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Steel cut irish oats cooked and saturated in silk, chilled overnight. Reheated and mixed with Dark Choc chips, walnuts, cinnamon, various berries / jams. Not all at the same time though =P
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    a little vanilla extract and/or honey helps
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I add honey.

I've tried it with shredded coconut and chocolate chips too. Mm.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This is the only food I have to add sugar to. I have 1tsp and a tbs raspberry jam.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I cook my weeks worth of oatmeal every Sunday and just pop a serving in the micro every morning.

I use Steel Cut oats and instead of water I use low calorie fruit juices --flavors depend on the fruit I will be using... I add cinnamon, ground flax seed and chopped nuts.

some favorites--Strawberry banana use VFusiion lite Strawberry banana juice
    --Blueberry use Vfusion lite blueberry juice
    --crushed pineapple and coconut--"Pina colada" and use a pina colada juice or just pineapple.
    --Chopped Apple, raisen and craisen--Lite Apple Juice

These are delish!! :tongue:
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am that one rare person who LOVES oatmeal plain...nothing added. But when I feel like adding something it's usually raisins or bananas.
    Some things others I know add:
    Protein powder
    Peanut Butter
    Syrup (to me that sounds disgusting bc I don't really like sweet things)
    Frozen fruit
    Nuts

I even have a friend who likes sausage and brocolli in the oatmeal.....but that's a little extreme.

I am another one that loves plain oatmeal. All the topics people use turn it into a not so healthy high calorie meal.
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try something different. Someone one on MFP suggested a couple of strips of bacon with plain oatmeal. It didn't sound good to me but I tried it. I love it. I use low sodium bacon and I liike it so much that I had it for dinner one evening this week. Try it.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been obsessed (yes obsessed lol) with steel cut oats, flavoured with cinnamon and fresh, chopped apple. I really don't miss the sugar (the apple is sweet enough) and it is heavenly. I chop up my apple and add it just before the oatmeal is ready to take off the stove... but I like my apple to still have a little crunch. The earlier you add the apple, the softer it gets. The first time I did it, I ended up with apple sauce in my oatmeal lol!
  • ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I sweeten with stevia. Sometimes I add cinnamon, vanilla extract, or coconut.
  • idabentley
    idabentley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup, cranberries and chopped, mixed nuts