This is me!

Options
Hi,
I joined this site last spring and never used it. Time to change that. I'm 43, I'm over weight, not by a lot anymore, but still over my weight for my height. I carry a lot of belly fat. In the last yr I joined a gym, lost 15 lbs, and many inches. Over the summer I learned to run, did my first 5 k race last month, I'm very proud of myself. I would like to lose about 10 more lbs, lose my belly fat ( I'm at the highest risk level for heart disease according to the hip waist ratio) . I have lost inches over the summer but I haven't lost any weight., not sure where to go from here. I lost all my weight by exercise, made few diet changes, but now will try to watch my calories.... I'm looking for support!!!! Anyway, this is me!!

Replies

• kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I am sure those 10lbs won't take long to come off , you seem to have the right positive attitude !

Have added you as a friend , I would like to lose 14lbs by Christmas :)
  • wkay0627
    Options
    Hi I joined this site a few weeks ago and haven't used it....In getting dressed for work this morning I realized that I only have 4 pair of pants that fit me and that I can breathe in. Its time to do something. I have tried WW and dieting on my own and nothing seems to help. I am considered morbidly obese and I HATE IT!! At 34 yrs old I have severe arthritis and pain in just about every joint on my body. My first goal is to get under 200 lbs which I am scared will never happen. I am hoping by joining you all on here and reading stories and having the support of people that are going thru the same thing will help keep me motivated. I had the support with WW but I couldn't fit the meetings into my schedule so I stopped going and actually gained 20lbs after stopping. I NEED HELP!!!
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    wkay0627, that was me last fall, all my clothes in my closet were tight or simply too small. It was time to make a change, I was at my top weight other than pregnancy.... and I was close to my top pregnancy weight... ick! So I have made progress and you will too! My closet now has clothes that are too big! Even tho I only lost 15lbs I've lost lots of inches. But I think I've come to a stand still on the weight loss. Gotta get support and change something! I'll add you as a friend!

Kiangel, 14lbs by Christmas! Way to go! I'm lucky to lose a lb every month, I don't know if it's the muscle weighs more than fat thing.... but it's frustrating. But really I had no muscle before I joined the gym, I had a lot of flab.... blah....
  • wkay0627
    Options
    I wanted to at least lose 15-20 by xmas but I don't think I'm going to make that goal and I refuse to by new clothes...so if I have to keep wearing the same 4 pair of pants that fit me so be it. This is the heaviest I have ever been and it is very frustrating for me.
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For me , when I started last year, I had to take a deep breath and realize it took me a long time to put on the weight so I had to accept it might take some time to get it off. It took about 3 months before I saw any results. I didn't diet , I just really upped my exercise. I had gotten to the point that I wasn't moving at all. Don't give up just keep going!!! You can do it. But accept, it just isn't easy!
  • SonjaJohnson03
    SonjaJohnson03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this. My Dr recommended this to me. I have over 100lbs to lose and I will need all of the support that I can get. I am sure that I have tried just about every diet out there including WW..I hope this time will be the time that I succeed!