Reclaiming my body!

Options
Anyone who's gained a significant amount of weight can tell you, it really sneaks up on you.  About six weeks ago I went to put on my size 6 skinny jeans and realized I couldn't button them.  It was a horrible feeling.  I hadn't realized I had put on so much weight (about 25 pounds).  Being that I live in hot and humid Florida, I had spent the majority of my time in cut offs and tees.  Additionally, I had just started a new relationship which meant dining out frequently, cooking unhealthy meals for my then boyfriend, and a higher than usual wine intake.   I kept telling myself I'd get my butt to the gym tomorrow and start working out, but tomorrow would come and go with no visits to Planet Fitness.  

So after much complaining (and very little action) I finally decided to put in the work and reclaim my closet! My goal is to lose about 35 pounds...which puts me at the weight I was about a year ago. Any and all support would be greatly appreciated. I know it won't be easy, but I'm determined to get back in shape.

Best of luck to all my new MFP friends!

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You'll drop 35 in no time if you stick to it! Good luck. Feel free to add :)
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm already down 3.5 so that's really encouraging. Will add you as a friend :)
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I was exactly the same as you, in a new relationship, contect and it some how sneeks up on you without realising!!!
    I also put on about 25lbs, but am on my way to getting all back off (and a little bit more)

We can do it!

I'm very active on MFP so feel free to add me. :smile:
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes it creeps up on you and all of the sudden you see a pic of yourself and omg!! lol I am trying to lose 25 pounds by xmas, 2 down so far =) sending you a friend request
  • gbellsatx
    gbellsatx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your commitment!! Losing weight and being healthy is a marathon and not a sprint. It not how fast you get out of the blocks but how consistent you are over the long haul! You already have the commitment and goals and you are actively working so Success is surely in your future!! You Got This!!
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Congratulations & Know you can continue to do it :):):) Healthy Life Journey:):):) Very Proud of you:):)
  • mercymarque
    Options
    You'll do fine and Planet Fitness is a great gym. I love the elliptical and arch trainer at my PF.
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    Ugh I don't even want to go into the picture thing, lol. I was going to put up a more flattering pic on my profile (from about 6 months ago) but decided to take a new one this morning. There's no better motivation than seeing a not so great picture of yourself every day when you log in!
  • MrHolyTemple
    MrHolyTemple Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you will acheieve your goals. just stick with it and you will get to your goal in no time. remember to pace yourself and dont try to do too much fast. im going to have a support and motivational group on here to help encourage everyone who is a part of it to achieve their goals
  • tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    Here is to feeling comfortable again :) friends req sent