600 days on MFP - pic heavy

Options

Replies

• buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look great and you should be really pleased with yourself. I don't have a lot of running advice..I'm in a different place. Limbs are fine but I still have pleurisy so I feel like I'm running on "half a lung". Sort of discouraging. What I can offer is that walking, pilates, and weight training are excellent ways to keep fit. Throw in a little bike riding for fuin too!
    You are in inspiration to me!
  • kelbell685
    Options
    Great post!! Thanks for sharing:-)
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    What a clever and adorable post.

You look fabulous and about 10 years younger. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • kschu22
    kschu22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honestly start slow. Go for 30 minute walks everyday just to get some sort of exercise going. I've been there with injuries all throughout my life with sports, and I understand how that goes. Then maybe add in a day of more rigorous cardio, but again, build up to it. You may not see dramatic results, but you will rebuild energy. Also, giving yourself some sort of concrete goal (buy a cute top that is one size smaller than you are) and hang it where you see it every day. Another thing that works for me is creating a checklist besides MFP for exercise goals. Checking those things off every day after doing the exercise really is fulfilling and a great motivational tool. Good luck and I wish you the best!
  • jjgirl76
    jjgirl76 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Berry! Your witty posts keep me motivated, inspired and smiling:laugh: :laugh:

Absolutely this! ^^
    I like the suggestions I see of lower impact stuff like yoga and lifting.
    Great success story! I love picture books. :)
  • mommy3fit
    mommy3fit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    love your post! Great job!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    From flab to FAB in 600 days ... you are such an inspiration Berry :happy:

If you don't use the gym, then probably best you save yourself the price of a good meal out per month and quit, but if you mostly use the pool - then it's probably worth it. That's the only reason I pay for gym membership (LA Fitness) and it's worth every penny having the pool practically to myself. I had to use the public pool for a couple of days this week and it's not so much having to swim circuits, rather having shared facilities.

I know it much be frustrating having to cope with all the niggles, but there are plenty of low impact exercises - like swimming - and however long it takes, you'll reach your goal! :wink:
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    when my back is giving me some gyp I find the elliptical and walking on a gradient don't give me too much trouble. How about focusing on upper body work and mat toning with low impact exercise? Those are two other things that don't give me any trouble (apart from toe taps and the like). I also like Youtube, there's always something on there when you want to try something new.

Great job Berry, consistent and in it for the long run, and it worked. Gives me faith that I'll shrink my belly if I just be patient and keep on working out!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    A great post and a great MFP friend.

I second this.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Love this post! So creative, great job!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Happy 600!!!

You rock, Berry! :flowerforyou:
  • glenn46
    Options
    Hi Berry! CONGRATULATIONS on your MFP consistency and weigt loss success. If you enjoy doing the running events...don't stop doing them; just shorten your stride and pace. I don't know if you are doing 5K, 10K, half marathon or full marathon events, but stick with the shorter distance events. Someone suggested cycling, swimming and the elliptical. I think those would be great alternatives for you as well. Definitely go low impact and focus on strengthening your core. Good Luck! :)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    A great post and a great MFP friend.

I second this.

I third this. You look fantastic Berry!
  • jessalleyne
    Options
    First - you look AWESOME! Stay focused on how you got here and all of the reasons why you now enjoy your more healthy lifestyle. It's ultimately about being more healthy, right?!

Second - shake it up! Figure out how many calories you need in a week - and take in various amounts each day so that you confuse your body a bit. One day eating more, the next day eating less - ultimately taking in what you are supposed to by the end of the week.

And do the same for your exercising. Try something you haven't. If you have a routine you have been sticking to for awhile, try something a bit different - even if it's just 1 day a week. Your body will get confused & you will shake that "stuck" place

You are doing great!! Just focus on how you feel - not the scale!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Great results!!! Keep pushing it!!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Amazing job on your progress..I have no doubt that you will continue with great success...
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Cute post you look great and you are motivated to finish!!!!!!!
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love the way you posted this like it's a story. Great job by the way!
  • AuntShanna
    AuntShanna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I Love this post...I like your style.... First I was like this :)... hope you don't mind I'm gonna copy your format when it comes time for my success post. BTW- YOU LOOK AMAZING.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You've done great Berry!!

How about weights? I'm doing Chalene Extreme atm and really surprised how much I enjoy it.

I've also started Karate and am amazed how interested I am in it and really look forward to my class....you never know what you might like, just give things a go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!