30 day shred

Options
Have you guys tried it? Can you post your pictures and results? I just ordered the Jillian MIchael 30 day shred dvd and I am super excited and I just watched a bunch of people on Youtube and looked at pictures on google and there are some great results. Did you guys have good luck with it?

Replies

• chinasaurus86
    Options
    girl, i did it for 3 days. after the third day i was in so much physical pain i could barely move. going from sitting to standing was nearly impossible without having something to brace myself on. I know if i kept up with it, HOPEFULLY that would subside. it was the first workout routine i tried and it definitely wasn't for me for 'a first workout' routine. i'm going to lose a bunch of weight and when i get closer to my goal weight try again. i don't doubt that it works and if you stick with it you'll see results. it just wasn't for a newcomer to working out. i'll take my elliptical and treadmill any day lol.
  • bsuzanne88
    bsuzanne88 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures but I can tell a difference in my tummy (I want that "pooch" gone!!). I am currently on day 5 of level 2! Yay me for keeping up with it. I normally do it Monday through Thursday and sometimes Friday. Starting off is always a little rough. When I finished my first level 2 workout I was worn out. But the next day and the next day after that wasn't so bad. I also have 6 week 6 pack which I will be starting once I get back from vacation in November. Good luck and Don't give up!
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! So far it seems to be working great! Although some others that were doing it with me stopped. I won't lie, it is hard. But in my experience if I keep pushing and keep at it, it gets a little easier each time. I'm not doing it every single day, I do take rest days but I can tell a difference between now and the first time I did it. I don't think I'm going to do the 30 day format, I'm just going to keep going until I can make it through without stopping for a few days then go ahead and move up to level 2.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yep, did it with some modifications. I did it M-F and I took several weeks for each level just so the next level wouldn't be aaassss difficult. Jillian has two girls with her, Anita and Natalie. Anita does the modified moves so stick with her if this is the first HIIT workout you've done (high impact interval training). She does a lot of jumping type moves and squats, so be ready for those. I loved the workout and look forward to doing it again as well as some of her other videos. I don't have pictures, but I lost more than two inches off my waist and hips. Go for it....you CAN do it. :bigsmile:
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures but I can tell a difference in my tummy (I want that "pooch" gone!!). I am currently on day 5 of level 2! Yay me for keeping up with it. I normally do it Monday through Thursday and sometimes Friday. Starting off is always a little rough. When I finished my first level 2 workout I was worn out. But the next day and the next day after that wasn't so bad. I also have 6 week 6 pack which I will be starting once I get back from vacation in November. Good luck and Don't give up!

Aw twinsies! Yeah, level 2 is killer for me. By the time we get to cheer-squats and V-raises, I'm pretty much cussing Jillian out....

You sweat like pig for 20 min, I've lost about 3 lbs since I started, haven't checked my measurements tho, but I hear thats where you see the big difference. I do feel stronger tho!

As someone who had the upper body strength of a newborn, I must say, I can see my endurance and strength has gone way up!

xo
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My pictures are on my profile. I loved it and am still doing it. I alternate between the shred, Ripped in 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs. Don't give up, I think it's worth it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    girl, i did it for 3 days. after the third day i was in so much physical pain i could barely move. going from sitting to standing was nearly impossible without having something to brace myself on. I know if i kept up with it, HOPEFULLY that would subside. it was the first workout routine i tried and it definitely wasn't for me for 'a first workout' routine. i'm going to lose a bunch of weight and when i get closer to my goal weight try again. i don't doubt that it works and if you stick with it you'll see results. it just wasn't for a newcomer to working out. i'll take my elliptical and treadmill any day lol.

It's not about you weight as much as it is about fitness. I found that the Couch to 5k program was excellent preparation for 30DS.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! So far it seems to be working great! Although some others that were doing it with me stopped. I won't lie, it is hard. But in my experience if I keep pushing and keep at it, it gets a little easier each time. I'm not doing it every single day, I do take rest days but I can tell a difference between now and the first time I did it. I don't think I'm going to do the 30 day format, I'm just going to keep going until I can make it through without stopping for a few days then go ahead and move up to level 2.
    You're not supposed to do it every single day anyway, so you are doing it right. My plan was to do Level 1 9/1 - 9/9, Level 2 9/10 - 9/19, and Level 3 9/20 through 9/30. I told myself that I had to get through the whole routine, every single rep, no breaks before I moved on to the next level, but I wasn't going to change the start date on any level, so I forced myself to get better and stronger. Because I had only 7 workouts in level 1, 8 in level 2, and 9 in level 3, the first week in October I did 3 days on level 1, 2 on level 2, and 1 on level 3 to get a total of 10 workouts at each level. I lost 5.4 lbs and 16".
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

This is what I am doing as well. I am doing 30DS on M/W/F with light cardio (mostly walking) on Tu/Th and resting on Sat/Sun. NROL4W suggests allowing 24 hours to allow the muscles to repair themselves. I am using 5 pound weights on the weight portions. The lighter weights didn't feel like a workout. I am going to see how I feel once I have done level one for a total of ten times. I am doing day 5 tonight. :bigsmile:
  • elevensgirl
    elevensgirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I replied about this on another thread. I have read in several places that Jillian Michaels suggests you do it 2 days Shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. Repeat that until you are done. It will take you longer than 30 days to complete, but you will be giving your muscles more recovery time, and thus they'll be able to develop better.

I started on Monday and did day 4 today. I need to up the weights on some of the exercises, but overall it's an awesome workout.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i am on day 5 (i skipped one day) and i like it.
  • lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, started on Oct 1st and am on day 2, level 2. I hadn't really done any research on it before hand other than what I had read on here. I didn't realize you were supposed to take days off... I've been doing it religiously the past 12 days. I was really sore the first 3-4 days, and I still feel the "good soreness" that you feel when you know you've done something good for your body.
    I actually like it... not while I am doing it, but I feel soooo much better mentally, and I feel my body changing. So far there's been no change on the scale which is very frustrating, I am being careful with my intake and tracking everything, so I have confidence that consistency will pay off. The thing that I like is that even though it's super intense, it's 20 mins, so I find that it's easier to fit in and I just keep thinking "I can do anything for 20 mins!"
    So you're supposed to take days off? :huh: I could handle that!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures unfortunately, but I will tell you how many inches I lost!

Bicep: 0.5"
    Bust: 1.5"
    Under bust: 1"
    Natural waist: 1.5"
    Hips (upper): 1"
    Hips (lower): 1"
    Thighs: 1.5"

Weight lost: 5lbs

(I didn't lose any from my calves because I have naturally muscular calves with very little fat on them, so there wasn't anything to lose).

I really, really enjoyed the 30DS, so much so that I am actually doing it for a second time now. I am currently on Day 9 of Level 1 of my second time doing the shred!

I am going to hopefully get her other DVDs for Christmas! I can't wait!

Edit: You are NOT supposed to take days off, I don't know who told you that. You are supposed to do it every day for 30 days... hence the name. Level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days, level 3 for 10 days.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Edit: You are NOT supposed to take days off, I don't know who told you that. You are supposed to do it every day for 30 days... hence the name. Level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days, level 3 for 10 days.
    Jillian Michaels told me to take days off. It says so in the recommendations section of the DVD. She also posted it on her blog when someone asked her "Do I do 30 Day Shred for 30 days straight?" Her answer: NO.
  • fizzletto
    Options
    Jillian Michaels told me to take days off. It says so in the recommendations section of the DVD. She also posted it on her blog when someone asked her "Do I do 30 Day Shred for 30 days straight?" Her answer: NO.

Can I see that?
  • fizzletto
    Options

I just looked at the DVD recommendations, and it says to work out AT LEAST 6 days a week. it recommends doing it every day. And I can't find her blog post saying that anywhere online. I don't know where you got your false info from
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome program! 3 days into 30 Day Shred I ordered Ripped In 30...that's how much of a difference I felt!! To be honest you need to eat as clean as possible during this time to have the best results.

As far as days off, I completed 30 Day Shred in about 40 days (I was also training for a half-marathon) and Ripped In 30 in about 45 days. I usually run 2-3 days a week so I didn't do it every day. Still had great results!

Of course, the more often you do it the better results you'll have. Use the modifier if the moves are too hard :)

(1) last summer (2) results after 30 day shred (3) results after ripped in 30

Ripped-In-30-Day17-results-01.gif
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Just wanted mention this DVD is most certainly for newbies! She has an Expert and Beginner person with her in every video....of course, don't go so hard you quit the program! If you're in pain you probably did too much too soon. Yes, it's tough, but muscles not normally worked are going to hurt after any workout.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Currenlt on a chllenge group doing this. We started October 1st.

What I can tell you is:I have maintained my weight BUT I also just started my TOM after losing 4lbs the first week doing it (I'm on day 11) and I tend to gain an average of 5lbs during TOM.

Now, that being said, I had jsut gotten into my size 14 jeans again when we started the challenge. Every Friday we get to wear jeans and this morning when I put them on, I thought I'd grabbed a wrong pair... THEY ARE GETTING BAGGY!!!! They were snug but wearable two Friday's ago, today they fit perfect. Not tight in waist, loose in the legs, can bend and move without holding the breath.... Yeah, I say the program is good... if you stick with it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!