which first??

Options
I just started Ripped in 30 a few days ago & do 30 min brisk walk on treadmill. My goal is weight loss. Does it matter if I do video first or treadmill..I'm looking to maximize calories burned..:happy:

Replies

• jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I doubt it makes a difference what order you do them in, as far as calories burned. Just so long as you're doing them, you'll get the same burn.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd do the treadmill first to get your heart rate up and your body warmed up for the video, especially since (at least in her 30DS video) Jillian doesn't do a lot of warmup. But if you feel drained during Ripped in 30 doing the treadmill first, just switch it...whatever feels best would be what I'd do.
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think the recommendation is strength training before cardio. The cardio supposedly relaxes the blood vessels, while strength training hardens them (temporarily).
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for input everyone !:smile:
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I thought this would be cardio or weights first, but then it was cardio or cardio first
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    The level of intensity of those 2 it won't matter, but you normally wanna do the weights before cardio. So if they are considered weights for you I would do the Video before the walking.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    A 30 minute brisk walk is not enough to tap into that much energy stores and will give a good warm up so I would say do that first. If there is not a good warm up in the video you should be doing something anyways. Might as well make it the walk. If there is a warm up in the program then it might be better to do the walk after. Light cardio after a workout helps with recovery and reduces soreness.

I dont think it would matter to greatly either way though and would just come down to personal preference