Shakeology

Options
So guys if you tried it, like it, hated it, or whatever... let me know... I wanna know others takes or even success stories if it includes Shakeology :happy:

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So guys if you tried it, like it, hated it, or whatever... let me know... I wanna know others takes or even success stories if it includes Shakeology :happy:

You'd be better off spending your money on real food vs a an avg to below avg meal replacement shake
  • meggie2cute
    Options
    yeah I was thinking the same thing... def since I'm really bad on working out :noway:
  • ehr0509
    ehr0509 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have tried it and need to get more. I love it. I can tell a difference when I do it. I usually replace it with a meal or somedays have it as a snack. I felt better all the way around. I had more energy and my GI track got normal. I love it. There are a lot of great recipes. There is a no bake cookie recipe....very yummy. It taste good too. I only do the chocolate.

***POST EDITED BY STAFF in response to guideline 14 ***
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Last month I was selected as one of 3 Bodycombat instructors to be used as success stories for the new BB DVD series Les Mills Combat. We were flown to LA to be part of the taping with Dan and Rach which was AMAZING. I had always scoffed at things with names like "Shakeology". Sounded like a gimmick, was pricey...etc etc. But I got to meet the entire BB staff in Santa Monica when I was there for filming and they are an amazing company. They take what they are doing very seriously, and are working their butts off trying to get good/healthy products out to the country. There is a massive gym there, and a kitchen stocked with Shakeology for the employees. They made us all one to drink while we walked around, and after I saw all the healthy stuff that was in the shake, I was sold. Plus I really trusted the company and didn't feel I was being swindled. I couldn't eat all the healthy stuff that is in it if I tried. So, so far so good. I got the chocolate....which is the only one I want to even try. LOL. :-)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Last month I was selected as one of 3 Bodycombat instructors to be used as success stories for the new BB DVD series Les Mills Combat. We were flown to LA to be part of the taping with Dan and Rach which was AMAZING. I had always scoffed at things with names like "Shakeology". Sounded like a gimmick, was pricey...etc etc. But I got to meet the entire BB staff in Santa Monica when I was there for filming and they are an amazing company. They take what they are doing very seriously, and are working their butts off trying to get good/healthy products out to the country. There is a massive gym there, and a kitchen stocked with Shakeology for the employees. They made us all one to drink while we walked around, and after I saw all the healthy stuff that was in the shake, I was sold. Plus I really trusted the company and didn't feel I was being swindled. I couldn't eat all the healthy stuff that is in it if I tried. So, so far so good. I got the chocolate....which is the only one I want to even try. LOL. :-)

Too bad they didn't tell you how much of the stuff was in the shake, as it's all in prop blends and it's extremely likely that many of those ingredients listed are nothing but filler in very minuscule amounts
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    a 25$ jug of optimum nutrition whey and a good diet will do the trick
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

Personally I like real food. I get enough protein from meat, fish, poultry, yogurt and cottage cheese, and PB2, a limited about of real nuts (harder because I'm small and have a smaller calorie budget than others even while maintaining). I lost 60 lbs and achieved my dream just by eating real foods within a calorie deficit and keeping within the calorie budget for weight loss for myself. I have found you do not need EXTRA protein, you just need enough protein. Extra products like this just make it easier to go over calorie budget and are expensive. You can save money by just eating within budget, real food, mostly healthy.

Products and magic potions just don't work, there is no such thing as a magic pill for weight loss. Just a calorie budget will do. Exercise is just to build and maintain a beautiful lean body mass for when the calorie deficit causes the fat to disappear.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Very dividing topic. People love it or say it is a waste of money. Surprised there hasn't been a more heated conversation yet. I have only tried the chocolate and think it is not very good plain but there are tons of recipes out there for it and have found a few that are amazing.

That being said, I would not argue that just getting a tub of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein instead would not produce the same results. Unfortunately, until you try it, you are just relying on opinions of others. Everyone is different and beach body coaches will generally be very positive about it. Others will generally be negative.

If you have access to a BB coach ask for a sample. Otherwise look for shakeology recipes and substitute chocolate whey protein for it ... should be very similar in taste.
  • tccanzoni
    Options
    That last statement doesn't make sense.

Shakeology and optimum nutrition are 2 completely different products.

Yes, both contain protein, one contains different antioxidants found all around the world. Also depending which shakeology you choose some are whey protein, plant based, your comparing apples and oranges.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Beachbody coach. Let me make it simple. I like it. It tastes good. It does what I want it to do. I've tried other things. This is more convenient and I like the taste better. I use the money I don't spend on fast food or lattes anymore on Shakeology. I'm a regular person, not a bodybuilder or competitive athlete. I don't need to overthink it. It just works great for me. I'll pay for something that I like that's easy to use and makes me feel energized and satisfied. I drank green smoothies for several months before Shakeology so maybe it's just the fact that I was totally over kale...:wink:

Yes, I've made my own protein shakes. I've even done Isagenix, etc. I actually crave the Shakeology when I get home from my 10 hour shift. Yum.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    It's insanely overpriced.
    All of the healthy stuff is in very small amounts (It's a proprietary blend, they don't list amounts) so you aren't getting any benefit from them.

Either use real food, or find a decent meal replacement powder or a greens supplement.

Beachbody makes a living by ripping people off who don't do research...
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    That last statement doesn't make sense.
    Shakeology and optimum nutrition are 2 completely different products.
    Yes, both contain protein, one contains different antioxidants found all around the world. Also depending which shakeology you choose some are whey protein, plant based, your comparing apples and oranges.

The antioxidants are in negligible amounts.....
    And soy protein sucks.

so he's comparing quality to garbage basically, not apples to oranges.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    The antioxidants are in negligible amounts.....
    And soy protein sucks.

so he's comparing quality to garbage basically, not apples to oranges.
    lol

I'm doing Insanity now (got it for free and using it to supplement my training) and every time the dude tells people to drink their "recovery formula" or the ads for Shakeology, I laugh my a** off.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My friend had some, I tried it and love it.. and I love beachbody workout programs, but their supplement, proteins shakes/bars and shakeology is way overpriced for the benefit. I would much rather buy some steaks.