Runners who use endomondo?

Options
Hey guys! I use the Endomondo app on my smartphone to track running time and speed. Anyone else out there use it?? It's really fun to give each other pep talks and such!

Replies

• jessejames3ball
    Options
    I do! Well, you know that already. :-)
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I use it - I think it's great!

I need to use an external bluetooth GPS (because the phone GPS is really terrible), and I broke the audio jack on my phone (a little over-exuberant with the treadmill one day!), so I can't hear the pep talks, but I really do like the program & website. I tried to use bluetooth headsets, but between the bluetooth GPS & bluetooth HRM, when I added the bluetooth headset - my phone revolted!

Oh well!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I use it when I walk. It is really neat!!
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love Endomondo. It's a great ap!
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use it, although I stopped running when I started Insanity...but I'm done in 3 weeks and will start up again.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've used it a couple of times, but on a few occasions it has mapped my runs inaccurately (i.e- tells me I've run more miles than I actually have). So I don't use it anymore.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've used it a couple of times, but on a few occasions it has mapped my runs inaccurately (i.e- tells me I've run more miles than I actually have). So I don't use it anymore.

I had the same experience. I've switched over to MapMyRun now and it's done everything I wanted to. I might give it another shot though with my new phone. Maybe the GPS interface and program updates are better now.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've just started using it but haven't used the pep talk feature yet.
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use it alot...especially if I'm running in a new area or a new route to see how far it is.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me as a friend I'm Sheila Johnson. :D
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    love endo!

I use the free version, and occasionally have problems where the gps loses connection and either pauses the run or very occasionally it stops the workout, causing me to lose some of my mileage, but for a free program it's overall really awesome!

My fav feature is the audio coach! really helps me pick it up on those long runs when I start slowing down.

Have you signed up for earndit? works off your endo miles and gives you points to use towards rewards or charity.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    No, I dont. I do have RunDouble.. I'm not sure who puts that one out tho.. Truth be told I dont have a place to put my phone.. so ..typically I run it.. get home.. and drive it with my car and thus get my milage and compare my time gone while I was running. Tedious I know ..but accurate. Some day I might actually use the app..LOL
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options

That's odd. I had a different app that did that but my bf and I run the same 5k route and it says its the same distance every time...down to a 1/100th of a mile.
  • 1960HikerDude
    1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've used Endomondo to track runs and Hikes. It's great for tracking distance. But, don't trust it to give you accurate calorie burn data. My Endomondo's calories burn estimates are consistently almost double the estimates from my Polar FT4 HRM.
  • jaycmoore
    Options
    I used it a few times in direct comparison with my Garmin devices (Forerunner 405CX for running and Edge 800 for mountain biking) and it tended to be less accurate the slower you were going... on the bike not bad, running usually about 10% out on distance and walking... er... well out.

I still use the site as it's useful for tracking but upload my data from my Garmin's.

Very good for a free app though!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I must download this app.
  • runrogerrun
    runrogerrun Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Is it better than Runkeeper? Because that is what I use
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I started using it about a month ago, and I love it! It's remarkably accurate.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use it and really like it. How does the pep-talk feature work?
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've used Endomondo to track runs and Hikes. It's great for tracking distance. But, don't trust it to give you accurate calorie burn data. My Endomondo's calories burn estimates are consistently almost double the estimates from my Polar FT4 HRM.

I use Endomondo Pro with my Zephyr HxM BT HRM on my Razr Maxx. The app gives you Gross Calorie burn vs Net calorie. I've never experienced a drop or los of GPS signal.

If you are looking for in depth workout detail try the SportsTracker PRO app.