Busy women

Options
Looking to connect with people with similar roadblocks...I work full time, try to hit the gym on my lunch hour 4 or so times a week. At least three nights of the week I am running a little girl to and from lessons, sports etc. I get home and am exhausted, but that's where round 2 starts...housework. Just laundry, dishes, organizing, nothing major, but it's pretty much 9pm by then. Struggling to find quick, easy recipes, be able to vent to other busy women who understand, etc. Also...since husband leaves for work at 9:30pm...nighttime eating and staying up too late for me time. All of this = difficulty with losing weight. Just started sharing food with a co-worker...we each make two meals on Sundays, split them and share them. It's been good so far. But I'm a terrible cook. What is easy to someone is not so much to me. Anyone else share any of these??

Replies

• jessalleyne
    Options
    Look into something like Schwann's - where they deliver every other week. They have all their calories listed online & in their catalogs - AND they have a healthy/lite marking on their healthier food.

It's all frozen - but I like that better than cans. And they have worked to portion their meals so that you don't have to make a party size of lasagna - but can do up a couple of fish fillets - or all 4 if you want.

There are a lot of snack ideas - like chicken bites that AREN'T breaded. Frozen yogurt, smoothies, even yogurt that you let defrost to eat. You still have to pay attention to all the nutrition information - but it's a great no-brainer - just warm it up kind of meal.
  • kcmo2528
    kcmo2528 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too! I don't know that I really have quick/easy recipes but I definitely have the busy going on!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I work full time, go to the gym right after work, then home where I immediately start dinner and housework. By the time we have eaten dinner, and my daughter is in bed, I am usually so tired it's not even funny. I can only imagine how busy I will be when my daughter is old enough to have after school activities! Yikes!

I am a BIG fan of the crock pot during the week. I either throw it together the night before and plug it in before I leave for work, or do it when I wake up. Feel free to add me if you want to trade ideas!
  • pinkwalker10
    pinkwalker10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We have a lot in common. I work full time, work out on my lunch hours when I can, have kids to get places, plus the housework, etc. AND my husband also works 3rd shift and heads out the door at 9:40. It is tough to balance it all. Some times the worst times are after he leaves for work and the house gets quiet. This time my family is very supportive and it is working for me to lose weight. Now to stick with it.....
  • becky250970
    Options
    Well done on your progress. We have a lot in common, everything except the husband. I got rid of mine lol.

Add me if you like.

regards

Becky:tongue:
  • luckydoe63
    luckydoe63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    actually, it gets easier when your children get bigger - you can put them to work! (chores). I work full time too - with a full time family. I've found it is a lot easier to get up a couple of hours earlier (5:00am) and work out in the morning. I do an hour a day. Then, I go to bed earlier - that avoids the night eating! (lol). also, I buy "healthy" faster food to have throughout the week. Boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh veggies and fruit and boil in the bag rice - just to name a few. It works well for me.
  • KLPlatinum
    Options
    I know all about being a busy woman! I work full time and I am a single mother to a 4 year old. I also workout 3-4 times a week on my lunch break or when ever I can fit it into my work day. Then go home to get dinner ready, clean...etc. I also try to fit in some Jillian Micheals workout a few times a week after the kid goes to bed. For healthy meals I have been making 2-3 meals from Skinnytaste.com every week. Since it is only me and my son, I usually have enough leftovers for a day or two after.

Feel free to friend me for support and motivation.
  • RenewME_2013
    RenewME_2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a busy working mom with boys in EVERYTHING... and, I don't like to cook either... and.... I need more fruits and veggies in my day too. This is what I do. I buy all my fruits and veggies on Sat or Sun. Clean,cut,organize all my veggies and I make up 5 good sized salads in containers to grab & go to work everyday. I use those ziplock containers... salad stays fresh all week. I also make up a big salad in tupperware salad bowl for evening salad. I am so good now that I hard boil a few eggs every Monday morning to add a quick protein here or there. Also, 1 night a week I grill or bake up a bunch of chicken breasts. Thats good for a good hot meal that night and I like leftover cold chicken...another easy way to add protein to my day and see! another grab and go idea. Hope this helps a little.

If you need a friend, feel free to add me :)
  • Mabuhay1
    Mabuhay1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Busy Women. That rings a bell. I am a single Mum and I run my own demanding business of supplying foods, charts and publications, duty-free alcohol and cigs, spare parts, Simcards, phonecards, etc. to huge tankers, dredging vessels, tugs, yachts, bulk cargo foreign ships, container ships etc.. and now have expanded to "meet n Greet" taxi service to all marine related personnel. These ships will not wait and they berth anytime of the day/ night. It is a 24/7 job. I could not have chosen the most demanding job to be involved in.

It is hard and It may sound like excuses but I can well ad truly relate what you guys are saying.

If I am unable to carry out my exercises before or after work hours, I do it during office hours. I just take off and do it. Bugger it ( pardon the expression).

And I am setting up a gym at work so we can do it when it rains.

And we have a kitchen we can prepare healthy meals at work.

If there is a will; there is a way.

Good Luck everyone.

Cheers

However, staff are now joining me; we walk and do exercises at the fitness trail after work.