sweet tooth

Options
I have such a sweet tooth! this is really overdoing my calorie intake.. any ideas how to help?

Replies

• NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Try getting sugars from fruit instead, maybe? You'll get the fibre and vitamins that way instead of just sugar.

I've had some friends who have done a sugar elimination for anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to 'recalibrate' how sweet sugar is to them.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    eat less
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of having a huge sweet tooth, too. I've found that trying to avoid really high carb foods has helped my sweet tooth. Ever notice that after a meal particularly high in carbs (pasta, for example) that you really want something sweet after? I've found that if I have a meal consisting of mostly protein and veggies that I don't crave dessert after. So basically, the less sweets I eat, the less I crave them.

Try eliminating the sweets from your home and replace them with snacks like nuts, fruit, veggies, etc. You can also find some really tasty sugar free gum out there. Those new dessert flavors are awesome. When all else fails, I'll just chew a stick or two of gum.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have been buying really great date bars from my local farmer's market. They are great. They are not that low in calories but they are packed full of nutrients and if I don't have a lot of wiggle room in my daily calories I eat half. With flavours like peanut butter chocolate or blueberry macadamia you can't go wrong! The date bars remind me of 'eat more' chocolate bars. Awesome! Also, sometime if I have a sweet tooth I will mix low fat pudding (60 cals for a cup) with light cool whip to make a tasty chocolate mousse.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have such a sweet tooth! this is really overdoing my calorie intake.. any ideas how to help?

I have a sweet tooth too! I always save 100 - 150 calories a day for a sweet treat. I just make sure it fits into my calorie goal.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello
  • abby21lincs
    Options
    i just wish i would stop at one good treat i keep carrying on as i feel like i want/ need sweet stuff its so annoying
  • abby21lincs
    Options
    I have been buying really great date bars from my local farmer's market. They are great. They are not that low in calories but they are packed full of nutrients and if I don't have a lot of wiggle room in my daily calories I eat half. With flavours like peanut butter chocolate or blueberry macadamia you can't go wrong! The date bars remind me of 'eat more' chocolate bars. Awesome! Also, sometime if I have a sweet tooth I will mix low fat pudding (60 cals for a cup) with light cool whip to make a tasty chocolate mousse.

I Might have to try this!