New Here

Options
Hi - Im Sharon from Michigan. I've been battling my weight all my life. Finally gave up about 10 years ago and am now at 250 lbs. I can't stand to look at myself any longer. I have a class reunion this summer and really want to get down as close to my goal weight as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cherylea
    cherylea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome here.....One day at a time.
  • nursehaley
    Options
    Believe in yourself!! You CAN do it!!
  • ktcheck
    ktcheck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Be Realistic....if you start out starving yourself and over exercising you will feel deprived and become frustrated very soon....that will lead to failure. Start slow. Make one or two changes a week. Start now by writing down EVERYTHING you eat and drinking more water. Next week increase whole grains and vegtables, following week begin a walking routine. It will happen it just takes time. Don't judge success by the scale alone. Be proud of every goal you achieve. If this week you walked three times, celebrate that!!! My goal is "Fit by 40, Fit for LIFE" I gave myslef 2 years to achieve this goal. I have no specific weight or size in mind I just want to feel good. I've lost 30lbs since October. I eat great 90% of the time, but have had an occasional "bad" day. I tell myself that's okay and tomorrow I'll start fresh. You can do this!!! You will have setbacks...it's okay just keep going. Good Luck!!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! im from michigan too.......good luck on ur loss!