When will SEC fans admit that it's downa as a whole?

Options

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    OH THE SEC WILL ALSO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR TO...THAT WILL EITHER BE ALABAMA OR FLORIDA

GOOGLE!

no respect for USCe?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll put my .02 in....and I'm a Razorback fan. Preseason top 10. Boy, did we get a wake up call after Bobby Petrino got fired or what? Anyway...SEC is and always will be on top. SEC 2nd teir teams will match up ok with the ducks and notre dame. and ahem...7 teams in the top 25 as of this week. nuff said
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    USC.....do you mean Southern Cal or South Carolina??
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    MIZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-Rah

TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE
  • scottg1024
    Options
    Im as big of an ND fan as they come, but I don't think ND will beat Alabama any time real soon.
  • n0ob
    Options
    USC.....do you mean Southern Cal or South Carolina??

USC east.

Don't post on message boards about SEC football i see...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    the person that posted this is apparently in need of some football education...i feel sorry for people who stick their foot in their mouthes and make statements that come from their hearts...its ok to like those west coast teams BUT LOOK AT THE LAST NATIONAL CHAMPIONS AND TELL ME WHAT CONFERENCE THEY CAME FROM

Season Date Winner Loser Bowl Game Site MVP
    1998 January 4, 1999 1 Tennessee (SEC) Champs 23 2 Florida State (ACC) Co-Champs 16 1999 Fiesta Bowl Sun Devil Stadium
    Tempe, Arizona Peerless Price
    Dwayne Goodrich
    1999 January 4, 2000 1 Florida State (ACC) Champs 46 2 Virginia Tech
    (Big East) Champs 29 2000 Sugar Bowl Louisiana Superdome
    New Orleans, Louisiana Peter Warrick
    2000 January 3, 2001 1 Oklahoma
    (Big 12) Champs 13 2 Florida State (ACC) Champs 2 2001 Orange Bowl Pro Player Stadium
    Miami, Florida Torrance Marshall
    2001 January 3, 2002 1 Miami (Florida)
    (Big East) Champs 37 2 Nebraska (Big 12) Div. Co-Champs 14 2002 Rose Bowl Rose Bowl
    Pasadena, California Ken Dorsey
    Tremel McMillon
    2002 January 3, 2003 2 Ohio State
    (Big Ten) Co-Champs 31[1] 1 Miami (Florida)
    (Big East) Champs 24 2003 Fiesta Bowl Sun Devil Stadium
    Tempe, Arizona Craig Krenzel
    Mike Doss
    2003 January 4, 2004 2 LSU (SEC) Champs 21 1 Oklahoma
    (Big 12) Runner-Up 14 2004 Sugar Bowl Louisiana Superdome
    New Orleans, Louisiana Justin Vincent
    2004 January 4, 2005 1 USC (Vacated) ‡[2]
    (Pac-10) Champs (55) 2 Oklahoma
    (Big 12) Champs 19 2005 Orange Bowl Pro Player Stadium
    Miami Gardens, Florida Matt Leinart
    2005 January 4, 2006 2 Texas (Big 12) Champs 41 1 USC (Vacated) ‡[3]
    (Pac-10) Champs (38) 2006 Rose Bowl Rose Bowl Stadium
    Pasadena, California Vince Young (offense)
    Michael Huff (defense)
    2006 January 8, 2007 2 Florida (SEC) Champs 41 1 Ohio State
    (Big Ten) Champs 14 2007 BCS National Championship Game University of Phoenix Stadium
    Glendale, Arizona Chris Leak (offense);
    Derrick Harvey (defense)
    2007 January 7, 2008 2 LSU (SEC) Champs 38 1 Ohio State
    (Big Ten) Champs 24 2008 BCS National Championship Game Louisiana Superdome
    New Orleans, Louisiana Matt Flynn (offense);
    Ricky Jean-Francois (defense)
    2008 January 8, 2009 2 Florida (SEC) Champs 24 1 Oklahoma
    (Big 12) Champs 14 2009 BCS National Championship Game Dolphin Stadium
    Miami Gardens, Florida Tim Tebow (offense);
    Carlos Dunlap (defense)
    2009 January 7, 2010 1 Alabama (SEC) Champs 37 2 Texas (Big 12) Champs 21 2010 BCS National Championship Game Rose Bowl
    Pasadena, California Mark Ingram (offense);
    Marcell Dareus (defense)
    2010 January 10, 2011 1 Auburn (SEC) Champs 22 2 Oregon (Pac-10) Champs 19 2011 BCS National Championship Game University of Phoenix Stadium
    Glendale, Arizona Michael Dyer (offense);
    Nick Fairley (defense)
    2011 January 9, 2012 2 Alabama (SEC) 21 1 LSU (SEC) Champs 0 2012 BCS National Championship Game Mercedes-Benz Superdome
    New Orleans, Louisiana AJ McCarron (offense);
    Courtney Upshaw (defense)
    sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the last 14 years, teh SEC has won the National Championship 8 out of the 14 years......

your crappy PAC teams and those on the west coast have won none NONE NONE....they have had a representative in only 1 out of the 14 games and lost that one.....

west coast football is crap....the SEC has won the last 6 years in a row.....with no west coast teams even playng....

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFO..... TRY GOOGLE AND DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU SAY THE SEC IS NOTHING....

SO WRONG....

OH THE SEC WILL ALSO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR TO...THAT WILL EITHER BE ALABAMA OR FLORIDA

GOOGLE!
    All impressive.
    However I said it was down THIS SEASON. Because honestly it appears to be a bit. nowhere did I say the SEC was nothing. For you to take that from my original statement is just silly talk.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Oh crap...you're talking about SEC football. (UK fan slowly walks out of room) :sad: :blushing:
  • n0ob
    Options
    Oh crap...you're talking about SEC football. (UK fan slowly walks out of room) :sad: :blushing:

it's ok, we need you in a few months...though your basketball program will probably get slapped around with sanctions like a little beotch any time soon...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting how SEC is "supposedly" the "best conference" in the country, yet they rarely play within their own conference. They get to roll over the little conferences like Conf-USA, but rarely take on the tough ones until the bowl games. 'Bama has a good team this year, but I'm not 100% sure I agree with the AP polls in leaving them at #1. I feel that this is the year their streak runs out.

7 in a row means something...

Short and sweet and well said! Seven championships in a row speaks volumes.

Does it?

just a couple, legitimate questions.
    why does last year's success automatically mean this year's dominance? shouldn't it be something that has to be done year in and year out?

does having the best team in football automatically equal having the best top to bottom conference?

if they don't win this year - would you consider them to not be the best conference?
  • n0ob
    Options
    I find it interesting how SEC is "supposedly" the "best conference" in the country, yet they rarely play within their own conference. They get to roll over the little conferences like Conf-USA, but rarely take on the tough ones until the bowl games. 'Bama has a good team this year, but I'm not 100% sure I agree with the AP polls in leaving them at #1. I feel that this is the year their streak runs out.

7 in a row means something...

Short and sweet and well said! Seven championships in a row speaks volumes.

Does it?

just a couple, legitimate questions.
    why does last year's success automatically mean this year's dominance? shouldn't it be something that has to be done year in and year out?

does having the best team in football automatically equal having the best top to bottom conference?

if they don't win this year - would you consider them to not be the best conference?

why has a bama fan not told you to go sit in the corner yet?
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    As long as the banners keep hanging, we're good!!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Aggies are going to be in a world of hurt WHEN their starting QB gets hurt.

Uhm ok? How many teams can you say this about? Long list...
  • n0ob
    Options

The whole offense is built around him running in circles and either running or finding a reciever on a busted play.

He's either going to get killed or be a TO machine against bama and LSU, or play so conservatively that he doesn't do anything (see UF 2nd half).

He never throws the ball to an open guy off his steps that's not a screen or a quick hitting pass.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Should we start a list?

USC
    WVU
    would be huge;ly impacted. just off the top of my head without any thought.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    USC, Oregon (), and Notre Dame??? Terrible example for one thing! SEC rules the BCS and has for quite a while now. RTR!!! Come get some!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Whatchu talkin bout Willis? I don't think anyone is going to beat bama.

^^^THIS^^^ ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I bleed garnet and black as a proud member of Carolina Nation!! GO GAMECOCKS!

That being said, I LOVE the SEC. I root for teams in this order: 1) South Carolina 2) Any other SEC East Team 3) Any SEC West Team 4) Whoever is playing Clemson.:wink:

South Carolina has worked hard to recruit good players, keep our high school talent at home, and build a program that can compete with teams like Alabama. I look for the SEC championship game to be South Carolina vs. Alabama and I think if we keep improving, we'll give the Tide a run for their money!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Here are my favorites

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. Whoever is playing Auburn

4. Whoever is playing Michegan