Should I track sugar?

Options
I am kinda new and see you have the option to track intake of other things besides carbs, calories, fat and protein. I was thinking of adding sugar and fiber. Is tracking sugar intake useful at all for weight loss? I know sugars are different in say fruit and processed foods..

TIA!!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    The amount of sugar you eat won't hurt your weight loss, assuming your diet has a reasonable amount of balance.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think tracking sugar is only useful if you have diabetes or another medical reason to keep a tight rein on how much you consume.
  • servingsarcasm
    servingsarcasm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am always in my calories,carbs,proteins and fat counts. I never knew about tracking sugar until today. When I added it to my diary I see that most days I was over even though I am still in my other ranges. I just wondered if I tracked it if I would see better results or will it not matter.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I track fiber, but not sugar. Too many people worry about the amount of sugar they eat in fruit, which is very healthy and shouldn't be discouraged (in my opinion). (Processed, added sugars are a different matter, but that's not what it tracks.)