Sick of just water

Options
Hi! So I've been doing great drinking water, lots of water. But I am just sick of it. My question is... is drinking the naturally flavored sparkling water (0cals, no salt, no caffeine, 0's for everything on the nutritional facts) just as good for me? It will really help me not to bail on this water drinking, but it tastes so much like pop, I just figure, it's too good to be true? Anybody? Thanks guys!

Replies

• Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    not sure about that, but back when I had a personal trainer he said drinking crystal light or the like was just as good as drinking water. I put one tub in a gallon of water each day of the wal-mart brand of such and it works well because plain water is jsut sooo... boring!
  • jcsTN517
    jcsTN517 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i, too, don't like drinking plain water all the time so I've been adding the powder packets made by Benefiber that are kiwi strawberry...they're delicious, only 15 Cals, but 3 g of dietary fiber so healthy for your colon!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I make a giant pitcher of green tea and drink that when I can.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    Well the reason they taste like soft drink is because they are full of artificial sweeteners. Theres lots of info around on artificial sweeteners, the summary is they aren't very good for you,

But read up and decide for yourself if you want them in your diet. Also carbonated drinks aren't the best for you either, as they can increase incidence of calcium being removed from your bones,

If your planning on consuming this stuff in the quantaties your supposed to consume water I'd seriously consider these implications. If yoru talking the occasional glass to mix it up, probably less of a concern.
  • Johnna87
    Options
    CRYSTAL LIGHT! I just bought some of the iced tea flavor crystal light... and it's only five calories per serving and has NO sugar :) and it's delicious :)
  • Jujubeez330
    Options
    One alternative to sweeteners is fruit. Add some lemon, frozen raspberries, blueberries or strawberries to your water. Drink it while the fruit is still fresh and frozen. It helps. Iced tea sweetened with honey is another option, iced tea is water based.

I like crystal light peach iced tea "on the go" packs for when I'm craving the real deal loaded with sugar but nothing replaces water in a diet so whatever you pick to spice it up should still be limited to a few servings a day.
  • anirlz
    anirlz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to be a HUGE fan of Crystal Light. Then I did a little reasearch after a thing I saw on TV. Most of those artificial sweeteners contain aspartame which could give you horrible side effects. Now I'm a realist. I would assume if you don't overdue it, you might be fine. I was getting bad headaches and I thought I'd try dropping the Crystal Light from my diet and I have noticed a huge difference. I get bored with just plain water as well. So I try to break it up. I have a desk job so it may be a little easier for me, but I will have a coffee in the morning....then a few bottles of water with this stuff I found called "True Lemon". It pretty much tastes like you squeezed a lemon wedge in your water. It professes to be 100% natural. No calories, no sugars, no artificial sweeteners. Give it a try if you like lemon. It has helped me meet my daily water intake goal tremendously. Then I'll make a cup of green tea in the afternoon and drink a few more bottles of water after work throughout the evening.

Hope this helps!! :happy:
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    water is very very important, there is no way anything can replace that, just add a lemon wedge to it but not those artificial flavorings!!!
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    water is very very important, there is no way anything can replace that, just add a lemon wedge to it but not those artificial flavorings!!!

I have to say I don't mind drinking water.
    I did have a huuuuuuuuuuuuge craving for Diet Coke after changing my eating/drinking habits. So I bought the flavoured water ( 2 bottles) while shopping on Saturday. There's still 1.5 bottles left......... Have been having flavoured green tea and loads of norm water, cooled in the fridge. I've a 1litre sports water that I drink from throughout the day.

X