Weighing in tomorrow. I'm nervous.

Options
So I started this journey about 2 weeks ago, when after an evening of emotional binging I was feeling like absolute CRAP about myself, I decided I had had enough.

I weighed in last at 178 two weeks ago and that same day I walked the zoo here in Seattle with a friend, pushing a double stroller with two children in it and I felt great getting the exercise. So, two days later I went on a walk with no agenda, just to walk. Then I finally decided to check out this place upon suggestion of a friend. Now I'm walking and running too, 4 times in this last week and I'm doing arm weights and sit ups.

I am sticking to 1200 calories a day of beans, fruit, veggies, chicken, yogurt and LOTS of water and minimal whole grains. I eat one treat a day (snack pack, jello, a cookie, whatever).

If I get on that scale tomorrow and see that in almost two weeks good effort I haven't lost a lb it will really discourage me so pray, or wish, or meditate, whatever you do, that I've lost SOMETHING lol.

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Weighing in is a good way to see how your body is reacting to the things you're doing. I never lose a whole lot the first 4 weeks after I start doing the right things. Keep this in mind. Also keep in mind that if you're working out alot and only eating 1200 cals a day, you may find that you need to eat more. If you haven't lost, try eating half of your exercise cals back. I know it sounds silly but sometimes we have to eat more to lose weight. Stop being afraid of the scale. Use it as a tool to make adjustments as needed.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Even if you haven't lost a pound, look at what you wrote you accomplished in the past two weeks. That's HUGE! Your body will reward you. Maybe not the way you think or want or even when you want it. But more energy, less shortness of breath, fresh air. Can't go wrong. Sometimes your body will hold onto weight just to see how determined you are. YOU ARE DETERMINED!!!! Keep it up.
    5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    Good luck for Weds
  • Jujubeez330
    Options
    It's true, I feel fabulous and accomplished (more so than I've ever tried before) so that should be it's own reward but I really would love to SEE the progress in my body.

Perhaps I should be measuring my waist instead.

Anywho, thanks for the words of encouragement ladies!!!