I hope to walk in the sun in Florida

Options
Ok. So its not as great as it sounds.

My uncle passed away and we are all hurridly packing to leave by way of driving. About 24 hrs drive.
Called work and left a voicemail saying blah blah death...sorry...wont' be back till next week....they're gonna kill me but whatever. i have been having issues with my HR managers lately...past 2 yrs actually. They tell me how to live my life and expect me say yes to everything! its ridiculous. *sigh*

So I dont feel too bad plus its my uncle's funeral. But I will do whatever it takes to pay my respect even if it means leaving for over a week. I have vacation time left...they have inconvenienced me so much, so I don't really care.

Bad part was that I had an interview tomorrow and now I will miss it :grumble: Wasn't meant to be I guess.

Anyways. This past week was really bad. Diet? Eating healthy? HA, yea right. I must have gained 5 lbs this week alone. So... I hope to eat as healthy as I can there and try and go for nice walks.

see you guys in over a week.

Replies

• dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Ok. So its not as great as it sounds.

My uncle passed away and we are all hurridly packing to leave by way of driving. About 24 hrs drive.
    Called work and left a voicemail saying blah blah death...sorry...wont' be back till next week....they're gonna kill me but whatever. i have been having issues with my HR managers lately...past 2 yrs actually. They tell me how to live my life and expect me say yes to everything! its ridiculous. *sigh*

So I dont feel too bad plus its my uncle's funeral. But I will do whatever it takes to pay my respect even if it means leaving for over a week. I have vacation time left...they have inconvenienced me so much, so I don't really care.

Bad part was that I had an interview tomorrow and now I will miss it :grumble: Wasn't meant to be I guess.

Anyways. This past week was really bad. Diet? Eating healthy? HA, yea right. I must have gained 5 lbs this week alone. So... I hope to eat as healthy as I can there and try and go for nice walks.

see you guys in over a week.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You have my deepest Sympathy:heart: Hugs to you and your family.:flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Last year at this time my mother-in-law died and we decided to have her funeral the Friday before Memorial Weekend. We figured it would be easier for everybody to get there, and they'd still have most of the weekend left for their own family time. My son was a senior in college, and he sent all of his professors e-mails to let them know he would be missing that Friday. When he returned the next week, one of his professors said, "It's amazing how many of you had grandmothers die this past weekend!" He was really sarcastic about it and my son was really upset. He confronted the professor and showed him the program from the funeral with his grandma's name and the date on it. Oh boy did that professor feel bad! I'm sure a lot of people do fake family deaths, but people like bosses should still be careful what they say because they might be wrong and feel terrible. I'm sorry you have to go through this. My advice is to have a good week with your family, and take a program to work with you in case your boss gives you any grief.