mini cheesecakes - healthified

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'll try to work on being more detailed and precise with my cooking. I know for outsiders its more annoying to deal with instinct cooks.

:laugh: Years ago when my mum was teaching me to cook, we were making custard and she said "up to the first screw (on the saucepan) of milk ..... "

he he what happened when I got married and my saucepans had no screws??
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    Looooove Cheesecake- must make!!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'll try to work on being more detailed and precise with my cooking. I know for outsiders its more annoying to deal with instinct cooks.

:laugh: Years ago when my mum was teaching me to cook, we were making custard and she said "up to the first screw (on the saucepan) of milk ..... "

he he what happened when I got married and my saucepans had no screws??

lol, thats funny. ya that might make it confusing.

my mom had to remake and remeasure out all her classic recipes so she could make a "cookbook" for those who kept asking. she is where i get my eyeballing skills from, so i blame her. lol. jk. it can be a good thing when you dont have a recipe that quite fits what you want, but sharing is hard. remebering what "magic" things you did for the next time can be also. lol
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi, they look great, but I have a couple of questions...

What size containers for the cottage cheese and cream cheese? Even on the nutrition breakdown it's a bit confusing.

Is there a substitute for the Xylitol? I've never heard of it or seen it in the UK, even with Google-Fu :wink:

Can the bean flour be subbed with normal flour?

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

xylitol is a sweetner sub, so sub splenda or something.

sorry about that, i don't do this often, i'm a cook with my eyes and hands gal i rarely measure.

8 oz cream cheese
    16 oz cottage cheese

and yes, i just used bean cause i'm gluten intolerant. most recipes call for normal though. all purpose.

the breakdown was on mfp recipe calculator, its a general idea, from things i added. if you change, then it will too. prob not by a lot though.

and again i am sorry i have no good measurements for the crust. i had two small boxes of oat square cereal, flax (maybe a cup) and oat bran (prob about a half or 1 cup) a tbsp or more cinnamon and maybe 1/4 sweetener of choice. the oil/butter (whatever you choose) just add until a crumbley damp texture is achieved, not too wet.

anything else, let me know!

That's great,

I know what you mean about cooking by feel, but I find that kicks in more once I'm familiar with the recipe :wink:

Crust isn't an issue, I'm sure I can come up with something, in fact this is from another recipe (although it is a little calorie dense!)

1/2 Cup walnuts (about 60g I worked out, but might need a bit more...)
    6-7 Medjool dates, pitted.

Grind the nuts to a powder, then blitz with the dates in a food processor (you'll need a good one as this nearly blew my commercial-grade Bamix!)

One crust mixture :-)

Original recipe here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/584218-amazing-60-calorie-protein-cheesecake

Thanks again :happy:
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi, they look great, but I have a couple of questions...

What size containers for the cottage cheese and cream cheese? Even on the nutrition breakdown it's a bit confusing.

Is there a substitute for the Xylitol? I've never heard of it or seen it in the UK, even with Google-Fu :wink:

Can the bean flour be subbed with normal flour?

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

xylitol is a sweetner sub, so sub splenda or something.

sorry about that, i don't do this often, i'm a cook with my eyes and hands gal i rarely measure.

8 oz cream cheese
    16 oz cottage cheese

and yes, i just used bean cause i'm gluten intolerant. most recipes call for normal though. all purpose.

the breakdown was on mfp recipe calculator, its a general idea, from things i added. if you change, then it will too. prob not by a lot though.

and again i am sorry i have no good measurements for the crust. i had two small boxes of oat square cereal, flax (maybe a cup) and oat bran (prob about a half or 1 cup) a tbsp or more cinnamon and maybe 1/4 sweetener of choice. the oil/butter (whatever you choose) just add until a crumbley damp texture is achieved, not too wet.

anything else, let me know!

That's great,

I know what you mean about cooking by feel, but I find that kicks in more once I'm familiar with the recipe :wink:

Crust isn't an issue, I'm sure I can come up with something, in fact this is from another recipe (although it is a little calorie dense!)

Grind the nuts to a powder, then blitz with the dates in a food processor (you'll need a good one as this nearly blew my commercial-grade Bamix!)

Original recipe here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/584218-amazing-60-calorie-protein-cheesecake

ohhh that actually sounds pretty tastey! thanks for the idea!

walnuts are so rich in healthy fats and i think omegas. and i adore them, even if they are ..not low , lol, in calories.

might try that next time!
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options

ohhh that actually sounds pretty tastey! thanks for the idea!

walnuts are so rich in healthy fats and i think omegas. and i adore them, even if they are ..not low , lol, in calories.

might try that next time!

You're welcome, thank you for the cheesecake recipe :smile:
  • sandyjeep00
    Options
    Thanks. Look delish!!!