Hiding the scale...

Options
So at the beginning of the month I decided I wouldn't weigh myself for the month of October. To keep myself accountable, I gave it to my roommate and told her to hide it.
12 days in and I am so curious of my weight... I know it will ruin the surprise of what I will have lost after a month, but I keep wondering where she might have hid it!
I know the scale is not a great way to tell your progress, but I've become quite attached to mine (which is why I asked her to hide it).
Anybody else working through this, too?

Replies

• DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. It keeps me on track. If I go up a pound or two, I can usually identify why and get it off in the next couple of days so I prefer to do it how I do it but I do agree it is sometimes more exciting to see a bigger number drop. :)
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I keep my scale out of sight so I won't weigh myself more than once a week. It works for me.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday, generally Thursday night I start thinking I want to see..but I don't.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day.... I wish I wouldn't it's become an annoying habit.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I keep my scale out of sight so I won't weigh myself more than once a week. It works for me.

I keep mine in the closet so I only pull it out once a week. That way I can be sure of the progress I did for the week and I'm not wondering if it's a true loss or I just ate extra sodium the night before.
  • motherjuly31
    Options
    I had my hubby hide mine because I was becoming obsessed with the scale and feeling frustrated that the numbers weren't going down. Now that it is hidden, I still wonder what the number says but I am trying to be good and focusing on being healthy.
  • Beth88888
    Beth88888 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too hid my scales at the beginning of the month, well actually my partner hid them, otherwise I would probably have sneaked a peak by now. Waiting until the 1st of Nov to see what the results of the month are. I just found I would get caught up with the number and give up if it wasn't telling me what I expected. More interested in how I feel at the moment than just the number.
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with weighing but have decided now I have reached ONEderland that I am putting my scales away until Xmas!!! EEK. Can I do it?
  • lectriceye
    lectriceye Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, I hide mine because I become obsessed by a number. I do do measurements though and can usually get a good idea by how my pants are fitting.