Will this work this time???

Options
I just started working out and dieting this week but today I just feel down and wonder if this is really going to work. I am feeling that maybe even with the changes I will not loose any weight. Is this normal? How do I shut down these thoughts?

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    It will work if you want it too. You got to believe that you can reach the goal before you go out and try to achieve it. Or even better look at it as a life style change, you will be eating better and exercising, those 2 combined with time will make it happen.
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Think positive.....don't even think that it could fail. :-)
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Its all in how badly you want it. It's not going to be fast or easy, but it's worth it n the long run.
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It is only going to work if you stop thinking of it as "dieting and working out" and start thinking of it as "I am going to change my life and start adding positive changes to my diet and exercise routines." Losing weight and keeping it off is not a start and stop matter, you need to make a decision to change your life. Thinking you cannot do it, or that there is an end point will only detract from your goals. Start adding positive change to your life and you will never look back :)
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that, I read the success stories here. It reminds me what I'm working TOWARDS and puts the time into perspective. NOONE lost 20 inches in 1 week.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    It will work if you want it too. You got to believe that you can reach the goal before you go out and try to achieve it. Or even better look at it as a life style change, you will be eating better and exercising, those 2 combined with time will make it happen.

This!
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you think of this as another diet then it probably won't work. I personally love what I'm eating now. Granted, it's not super healthy, but it's much healthier than I had been eating. And, more importantly, it's something that I can commit to long-term. The same with exercise. I love water aerobics. There's going to be an Aqua Zumba class next week and I can't wait! Find a type of exercise that you get excited about.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    It will work if you set your mind to it. Keep thinking about your goal, all day every day. I started out exercising 10 minutes a day. That was great for a month or 2 but I wanted more because I knew I had a goal, and I am going to reach it, no matter how long it takes me.
  • marielusha
    Options

This!

this a million times
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Only you can make this happen. Visualise yourself as what you will look like when you reach your goal and hopefully it will spur you on.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The question should be- Will YOU make it work this time?

Like everyone else said, this has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet you go on and fall off.
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just started working out and dieting this week but today I just feel down and wonder if this is really going to work. I am feeling that maybe even with the changes I will not loose any weight. Is this normal? How do I shut down these thoughts?

i think the first thing you have to do is take responsibility. the diet itself is perfect, and will work if you follow it. failure to follow it is your fault, not the diet's fault. if you accept responsibility, you will also realise that you have control over this. it is your choice whether to succeed or to fail.

i do feel a bit negative sometimes, but you have to beat that and keep moving forward. personally, i just keep visualising myself when i reach my goal.