3-2-1 cake question

Options
Hi all

I am an aussie and am interested in making the 3-2-1 cake. I went to coles and could not find the Betty Crocker's angel food cake mix. Can't we get this in Australia?

Replies

• ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hey it's me!! I am sure I have seen this around, can't remember where, will let you know if I find it. What is the 3-2-1 thing? I think Angel cake has no fat at all
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    Hey Christine,

Its a recipe (below) to add Betty Crockers Angel Food mix and a cake mix together, then you use 3 tbls of mix, 2 tbs of water and 1 min in the microwave...presto mini cake in a cup. Yes it has no fat etc. I saw this in the recipe section yesterday.

3-2-1 CAKE

Ingredients:

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavour
    2 Tbsp Water

Directions:

In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual little cake! Keep remaining cake mixture stored in the ziploc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

HOW TO WORK OUT CALORIES:
    I entered each cake mix’s nutritional info and then I measure how much mix I had. I had 7.5 cups of mix (after they were mixed together) and each cup has 16 tbsp in it (according to my conversion chart) so 7.5 x 16 = 120 tbsp of mix. Divide that by the 3 tbsp per cake and it comes to 40 servings. I used Betty Crocker - Angel Food Cake Mix Fat Free.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    bump--anyone know the calorie count for each cake?
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/321-cake

My brother just subtracts the angel food from the mix. it isn't the same, but he says it works
  • pattkw
    pattkw Posts: 7
    Options
    I simply entered it into the search space when I logged in my food journal and it was there. Can't remember the exact amount but lemon cake mix and angel food mix was excellent. I topped it with crushed fresh strawberries. Yum
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump for reminder for me
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump, yummy sounds great