recording exercise that can't be found

Options
Can anyone help me with tracking my exercise? I am not able to do any of the exercises that you can choose from on this site. I do 30 minutes on the recumbent bike along with various weight machines for the arms and legs. I don't know what they are called exactly, so I don't know how to look them up. Is there any way I can record my exercise other than choosing from the drop down box?

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You can create your own exercise by going to the exercise tab and clicking on my exercises. Then it will give you the option to create your own. I don't know how you will estimate the calories burned for the machines you use. You may have to look around onine to get a better idea.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    If you know the calorie burned you can create your own exercise
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Try this website; hope it helps. caloriecount.about.com
  • SandieM7
    SandieM7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can create your own exercise. I suggest wearing a heart rate monitor while doing your exercises that way the number of calories you burn will be figured out for you. I did exactly that today while I was doing over 3 hours of yard work - I sure as heck didn't want to not record that. Turned out that I burned over 1100 calories in that time period. Good luck!
  • steftarver
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor watch. So when I do anything or exercise it always counts calories burned. They are cheap now to buy.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    under aerobics there is a "stationary bike" exercise, its calorie burn is relatively accurate, be it standard or recumbant. also under aerobics there is a generic "weight lifting". if you record the time on the weight machines it should be accurate enough for our purposes.
  • cbm1951
    cbm1951 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info!!! I need all the help I can get, as far as calories burned!!!