Curses!

Options
Alright, it's that time of the month and I have the nibble monster all the time! It's insane! Does anyone else have this issue? What do you do to curb the munchie monster? I have had bananas, apples, Nutella (yummy...never had it before), carrots. Still...I am hungry and only have 2 calories left!

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Alright, it's that time of the month and I have the nibble monster all the time! It's insane! Does anyone else have this issue? What do you do to curb the munchie monster? I have had bananas, apples, Nutella (yummy...never had it before), carrots. Still...I am hungry and only have 2 calories left!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Celery, maybe??? I can't really help very much because I ALWAYS go over. Maybe try to dance around the living room really heavy for about 20 minutes to build up some more calories? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • fatvanessa
    fatvanessa Posts: 15
    Options
    :wink: :wink: :wink:
    Girl it is ok...

I get the same way... I drink alot of warm tea and water...

but another funny thing... is sprite zero not cold just straight off the shelf!

Hope it helps!
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    I am the same way, only I usually just cave and end up eating what I REALLY want (carbs and/or chocolate)-- so just grab a stick or 2 ( or 10 ) of celery.....oh, and drink a bunch of water.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Hey..the good news is, that at least during the girlie days, your body burns a little extra calories. Not sure exactly how much, but I know your body does burn more. So...the munchies are legit:)
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    Options
    yeah mines only 4 days so thoes 4 days i eat whatever my little heart desires!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Thanks you guys. I am trying really hard to stay focused cause the stress is killing me these days and I don't want to go on a food bender if I can help it!
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Excercise really really really helps me with that time of month. It just makes me less irritable/stressed out so I don't end up eating just because I feel like it (mood swings haha) or because I have the munchies! So yeah go work up a sweat..it helps with cramps and your mood!
  • luvs2havefun
    Options
    I am in the exact same situation right now. I thought I was going to come home and make some brown rice and veggies but instead saw the left over pizza my boyfriend had last night and had 2 slices of it. At least your munching on healthy foods :grumble:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Yeah well even healthy foods add up fast. :grumble:
    I am way over for the day....by well.... A LOT!

I should of stopped counting after the Nutella today. :sick:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Oh well. It was only one day. You'll get back on track tomorrow. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I just sat down with a bag of golden grahams cereal...ahhhh heaven
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    It must be spreading!
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If thou must have sugar...

Try a lighter version (and quicker) of carmelized carrots.

Boil carrots (or micorwave them, keep some of the nutrients in)

Then sautee them in the saucepan for a few minutes with two tsp of brown sugar. Make sure you've grated them pretty thin. :)

Total calories is about 20 or so.

Or, for a full meal (as in tomorrow when you're wanting CARBS and sugar and food and period-ing):

Prep:
    Separate fresh Spinach, discard stems, leave pretty "leafy". Not sure how much I used, maybe a tightly packed cup or so, but I would have used more if I had more.

Grate carrots (to be as thin as you desire, but I made mine fairly grated since it cut pan time down and sopped up the flavor pretty easily) - you probably only need one carrot but have at it. I like veggies, but again, I was using what I had in my fridge and I only had baby carrots!!

i cheated and used stringed mozerella and cheddar cheese :D cause i was trying to make something of what i already had, but i strongly recommend this combo.

Boil water.
    Add noodles (Use yolk-free. I used Kosher noodles as they are pretty light-tasting but I don't know what you have..anything that's wheat-y will be too rough for this taste but its up to your buds. Oh yeah, i didn't use ravioli or lasagna. i used the um, spiraly big kind!! bout 2 cups or 2 and a half handfuls)

Spray bottom of 8x8 square pan

Preheat oven to 375.

put a dash of olive oil in pan, LIGHTLY sautee spinach - dont let it shrink too much and become crunchy. take out, put on plate

using same saucepan, add carrots and about 2 tsp of brown sugar (or to your taste), stir every few for about 6 min or so (to your liking, the carrots are so thin that it doesn't take much)

remove noodles, pour in bottom of your 8x8 pan (noodles will spread thin)

mix your spinach and carrots on your plate, "sprinkle" on top of your noodles.

place your chopped or diced cheese on top.

add a skosh of pepper if you please.

pop in the oven for ten.

remove and eat.

about 2-4 servings, depending on how hungry you are! i had 1/5 of a pan and it satisfied me and went back for more later. this would taste GREAT on some crunchy bread. i think i'll try this next time i make challah and toast a slice on the stovetop while this is in the oven.

cal content (approx?) for whole pan, courtesy of calorie counter dot com!

noodles: 240 per 2 cups

Carrots: 16

Spinach: 14

Olive Oli: 45

Brown Sugar: 22

Pepper: 0

Crisco (Cooking spray): 0

Mozerella & Cheddar stringed cheese x2: 140

Mozerella Stringed cheese x 2: 140

Total FOR THE WHOLE deal: 617

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Zzzzzzzzzz. Plus the dash 'o pepper makes me thirsty - very good!

*pats self on back*

I could be on one of those Master Chef shows, peh.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    actually i just realized you could put the carrots and sugar in one of those ziploc things they have on tv now! doh!!

teknologie !!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't have the curse anymore but today I just had what ever I wanted and have gone over about 500 calories, no exercise today. Tomorrow I will be back at the control realm again. I would suggest stay away from salty foods, you tend to retain water at this time any way.:flowerforyou: