Serving size

Options
Does anyone know that when it says a 'serving' does it mean the raw product or the made up as per instructions product.

Example. Rolled oats 40g per serving.

Is that of dry rolled oats or made up with milk or water?

Thank you.

Replies

• KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It means dry, uncooked oats.
  • sabre19
    Options
    thank you
  • Shamedxoxo
    Shamedxoxo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This may sound blonde , but does that mean you use the reccomended serving size of milk on the bottle?:smile:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    yes.. you then add the recommended milk, and the calories of said milk.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    I had the same problem. When I have the actual product to look at I take it from the box raw or dry. When I log things and not sure, I type in "cooked or boiled" and someone has already figured it out. I do that a lot with my pasta and rice. It used to be I would log in the rice at the amount I ate when it was cooked and the cals were terrible even for 1/2 cup. I can only assume they were putting it in raw, then after it cooks and swells it makes for more. I log in "cooked".
    With meat its supposed to be raw but some meats shrink away to nothing making for a meal leaving me wanting more. I figure that some meats in the store (unless you know the butcher) have a certain amount of fat, water/fillers that go down or deplete when you cook them so I always put in "cooked" or add more ounces even if it shows higher cals ,(assuming they have weighed it raw) and figure it in my day.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think it is after it is prepared.Imake mine up and measure what I eat.