I want to lose 25lbs in 7 weeks for my 40th bday !!

Options
Hi I am looking to lose 25lbs in 7 weeks before my 40th bday. I am going to eat 1200 calories and work out 5 times a week.

Any inspiration is appreciated and any words of wisdom !!

Thanks !!

Replies

• Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    At least you are trying to do it it before your 40. I turned 40 in June and have been on a mission ever since. I lost 15 pounds and 3 sizes. I rarely eat over 12000 calories and never eat back my exercise calories and exercise from 5-7 days a week. You can do it!!!
  • darlenepatrice
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration !!
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    It is certainly possible, I lost 31 lbs in 9 weeks when I first started; however, I was starting at a pretty high weight. I have been doing this now since mid-May and as you can see from the ticker, the speed at which it comes off has slowed down. For me it is still coming off and that is what I really care about. Good luck on your journey.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good for you, but I will say one thing: Don't get frustrated if you can't get to 25lbs in 7 weeks. Setting a time limit on weight loss is sometimes dangerous because all our bodies lose differently. Even if you follow the program to the tee, that doesn't guarantee you will lose THAT amount of weight IN THAT amount of time. This isn't a diet site, it is a healthy lifestyle and wellness site. Good luck to you in your journey.
  • mblewis13
    Options
    Honestly, that's a lot of weight per week to lose. Set yourself a goal to be healthy, but don't put a time limit on it. You will find in 7 weeks, you will be very happy with yourself if you set a realistic goal and stick to it. I also made a mission for myself to get into a healthy lifestyle before I turn 40 (next week!). It's given my a new outlook on my life and I know others can see my happiness. Be true to yourself and take it one day at a time. You'll do great!!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You can crash diet and maybe lose 25 pounds in 7 weeks. But, you will likely gain it all back and then some. Better to slow down your expectations. Set a goal of 1 to 1 1/2 pounds a week and stick to a healthy diet and exercise plan. You will take longer to lose it but it will be a lasting lifestyle change.
  • esl269
    esl269 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can crash diet and maybe lose 25 pounds in 7 weeks. But, you will likely gain it all back and then some. Better to slow down your expectations. Set a goal of 1 to 1 1/2 pounds a week and stick to a healthy diet and exercise plan. You will take longer to lose it but it will be a lasting lifestyle change.

I agree. It's possible to lose that much weight that quickly, but you'll have a better chance of keeping it off and maintaining a healthy lifestyle if you slow it down a bit.
  • darlenepatrice
    Options
    thank you to everyone's support !! It means a lot to me :)
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    25 pounds in 7 weeks is a LOT of weight unless you have 100 pounds or more to lose. Focus on eating healthy and changing what you do for a lifetime, not a short term crash diet which you can't possibly maintain.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Suggest different outlook, so as not to be disappointed:

Get a head start on a healthy lifestyle so that you will get and remain fit for the rest of your life.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You'll need to hit alot of cardio also, at least an hour a day 5 times a week , where, when your done you'll be sweating like crazy, I am 48 , gotta say the best decade of my life so far , goodluck.. 40's rock..:flowerforyou:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    go on the latest fad diet... but expect to gain that 25lbs back eventually
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you are really serious about losing weight, purchase Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, Ripped in 30 and Shred & Shed. The dvds are $10 each at Walmart or Target. Do interval treadmill running for 20 minutes, three times a week. Log your food consistently. Have one cheat day or preferably one cheat meal. Have a rest day once or twice a week. Good luck with your journey.
  • jstanfield41
    jstanfield41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started running September 2 almost every day and didn't start losing weight til the 6 week and I even gained weight from muscles. I am doing really good on eating thanks to my fitness pal. Hardest thing is logging in every day because I have 4 kids. New motto in need to take care of me to be a good heathy mommy. I am changing eating habits in my house for good! Good luck stay positive. Jen 10 lost so far