putting spinach on pizza

Options
i'm making pizza tonight for dinner. I'm using 100 percent whole wheat flatout bread.
I want to put fresh spinach on the pizza, should i saute it first or not.

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I've tried both ways....if you don't want the extra fat from the oil-put it under the cheese to keep it moist--on top raw, it can dry out.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I don't, the heat and liquid from the sauce and melted cheese will take care of that for you. I also do like it sauteed with onion, vidalia onions, peppers, garlic and herbs.
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think satueed is wayyy better :) Just my opinion!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I like it sauteed first also. If you use Olive Oil, you're using a healthy fat. You can always steam the spinach also.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i like it wilted (steamed) first.
  • tomtrl
    tomtrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My wife makes an pizza with olive oil, garlic, chicken, artichoke hearts, bacon bits (small amount) and Mozzarella. She puts the spinach on raw and it's amazingly delicious.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My wife makes an pizza with olive oil, garlic, chicken, artichoke hearts, bacon bits (small amount) and Mozzarella. She puts the spinach on raw and it's amazingly delicious.

That sounds amazing.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I prefer it raw - I put it on right over the sauce. It wilts enough, but doesn't get mushy. Spinach is one of my favorite pizza toppings!
  • trishp1
    trishp1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If anyone has a Pizza Ranch nearby, try their new seasonal Tuscan Roma pizza. It is awesome. It has the super thin crust, very thin layer of alfredo sauce, sliced roma tomatoes, spinach and very little cheese. Also a good dish for Lent. It is YUMMO!
  • RacheBell
    Options
    You can shock it. put it in boiling water for a minute, then ice water. It'll get wilted without adding calories.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    LOVE spinach on my pizza.... and jalapenos.... :laugh:
    Wish my family was as tolerant to my pizza loves.