is it truee certain foods can help you lose weight?

Options
Do some fooods like green tea as it speeds your matabolism up, do they help you lose weight?. I wouldnt have thought that was possibleee!

Replies

• siehatsdrauf
    siehatsdrauf Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You always hear about that but I'm not quiet sure... Would be interesting to know the truth!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Some foods can appear to make you lose weight...but if its some thing that increases your energy level it will give you more energy to workout so thus burning more cals..

Didn't explain that very well lol
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Some foods like green tea are mildly thermogenic but not enough to make any substantial difference. Sadly, there are no shortcuts.
  • pinkpip
    pinkpip Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    that isnt fairr :(((
    i wish ther was some foods which actually tatsed nice but made you lose weight!! :((
  • mmapags
    Options
    i wish ther was some foods which actually tatsed nice but made you lose weight!! :((

I'm totally with you!! lol
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

You can still eat foods that taste nice and lose weight, just don't over-eat them :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

You can still eat foods that taste nice and lose weight, just don't over-eat them :)

Yep. I won't eat anything that doesn't taste good. :drinker:
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Green tea is all I ever drink except for an occasional ginger ale, and I haven't noticed that it helps me shed weight. I HAVE noticed, however, that I have more energy when I drink that as opposed to drinking soda.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    If you combine those "certain" foods with other foods in such a manner that you eat less than you burn, yes you will lose weight.
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think coffee/caffeine can help a little mainly because it gets you moving alittle more than you would and even alittle bit more movement over the course of the day adds up to more calories burned
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It's a lie.

Green tea can help cleanse your system out, and make you fuller before eating anything, thereby causing you to eat less calories. But it doesn't "speed your metabolism" at least not a significant amount.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Yep. I won't eat anything that doesn't taste good. :drinker:

Amen! It's all about the calorie deficit!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Agreed with many of the other posters ... some foods/beverages can help detoxify and/or energize you, but it's probably more of the act of replacing caloric solids with non caloric liquids that helps with the weight loss aspect.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I kon protein helps burn fat, thats why a lot of us here drink a protein powder everyday along with eating hight protein food, like cottage cheese and greek yogurt.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Some foods like green tea are mildly thermogenic but not enough to make any substantial difference. Sadly, there are no shortcuts.

Agreed. Don't look for short cuts. Eat right and realize that this is a long journey.
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Vegetables hehehe. But seriously, vegetables are so low in calories that it's impossible to overeat on these, so in a way they would help you lose weight.
  • mmapags
    Options
    I kon protein helps burn fat, thats why a lot of us here drink a protein powder everyday along with eating hight protein food, like cottage cheese and greek yogurt.

Protein does not actually help burn fat. What it does do is help maintin lean mass in a calorie deficit. But it is not thermogenic other than it a higher TEF than carbs or fats. Again, in the grand scheme of things, inconsequeantial.