I want your opinion about flooring.. PLEASE!

Options
notAfan
notAfan Posts: 42 Member
I WANT YOUR OPINION PLEASE… at some point in the future, we will be selling our house to move closer to my husband’s work. We are going to be replacing carpet and want to put down hard wood. We live on a gravel road in the country and have 3 large dogs and three cats. I have been told that the dogs and gravel dust will scratch real hard wood and that I should go with a wood grain laminate. We have some friends that have wood grain laminate and it is beautiful and easy to care for. I have seen some that looks cheap. Our house is a custom built home with an open floor plan. Our cabinets are medium oak. Our trim is white. I would like to hear your opinion regarding laminate vs. hard wood vs. carpet. I do not want to have to replace the flooring again and do not want to use a product that will make the home difficult to sell. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It'll probably scratch that too, but I guess that would be cheaper to replace. We have red oak flooring on about half of the main floor. The dog does scratch it up a bit, but not that bad. Wood floor can be repaired, you just need to put a lot of work into it every once in a while with a floor sander and some serious elbow grease.
  • notAfan
    notAfan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It'll probably scratch that too, but I guess that would be cheaper to replace. We have red oak flooring on about half of the main floor. The dog does scratch it up a bit, but not that bad. Wood floor can be repaired, you just need to put a lot of work into it every once in a while with a floor sander and some serious elbow grease.

Thank you and congrats on the great weight loss!