Am I making any sense?

Options
I know realistically you can't take it all off right away, so, can anyone tell me how long 20 might take on average?
Or what you feel is a realistic loss per wk? I have been consistent for bout 36 days now, lost about 10 lbs so far but just am not feeling it! Am I even making any sense? lol
Can someone post what some healthy carbs vs. not so healthy would be, I am a carb addict and know it does not help! Thanks.

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    you should be able to figure it out after you log your food. it always tells you what you will weigh in 5 weeks if you keep with the plan you have just logged

and... when you set your goals to lose xx pounds per week, that should give you a good idea. if you use the tools provided by MFP it is very easy... as long as you do what you say you will do :wink:
  • cdightman
    cdightman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go to the grocery store and pick up a 10 lb bag of sugar / flour. Feel how heavy that is...that's how much you've lost. Keep it up! :)

Not sure about the carbs...I've heard bread heavy in grains is "better" but, personally, I don't really care what I eat I just watch my total calories.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose. If its only 20 pounds, then 1 lb a week is a lot, better to aim for 0.5 lb a week loss. But don't expect it to come off nice and evenly! So 20 lbs - 40 weeks.

Good carbs - fresh fruit and veg, wholewheat bread and pastas.
    bad carbs - pastries and biscuits.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    20 lbs...about 20 weeks give or take if you have a deficit of 500 cals a day. It's best to lose weight slow as to retain as much of your precious muscle mass as possible.
  • tracygary
    Options
    Thank You!
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I lost 37 in 5 months.. average about 2 lbs a week, but the lower my weight got, the slower the weight started to come off. I drop about 1 1/2 a week now.. sometimes only a lb. So if your willpower and dedication is good, you should be down 20 lbs within 17 weeks. Maybe less.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. How long did it take you to lose 10? The MOST anyone should aim to lose is 2 pounds a week. But knowing how much you need to lose is important in calculating how much you should aim to lose per week. For instance if a person needs to lose 100, 2 pounds a week is a good goal. If you only need to lose 20, 0.5 to 1 pound a week is a more reasonable goal. Also the MINIMUM amount of calories you should eat is 1200, and that's WITH adding back your exercise calories. It has taken me since June to lose the 35 pounds, which is about 2 pounds a week. However, now that I have less to lose I'm sure that number will go down some. Just keep moving in the right direction and those pounds will drop and eventually you'll notice! :flowerforyou:
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful, so far you have lost 2 lbs per week, that is awesome. MFP suggest that you lose 1-11/2lbs per week, however most of us check off to lose the 2 per week, sooooo you are a "text book looser", so to speak.:ohwell:

Carbs are tough one, if you can replace them with protein that would be beneficial, I'm a meat-aholic by nature. lol But we are talken about you and if you try to add more whole grains, to you carbs rather the the white stuff that would be favourable, HOWEVER I'm no nutritionist or expert by any means.

I think what you have done excellent so far, your 2lbs per week in WOW!

Cheers:drinker: