what's your 'non-eat treat'?

Options
A friend of mine told me that she hasn't been a so-called 'emotional eater' for over ten years because she simply doesn't allow herself to eat when she feels bad. Instead, she has a 'non-eat treat' - which for her is a soak in a bath with very expensive bath creme, a trip to the MAC make-up counter, a read of a good book or watching a film. When she feels more relaxed for having done these things, she eats something healthy.

So, what are your non-eat treats? If we share we might come up with something that really helps someone else.

Mine (and I'll admit here to being a rather overly-tactile person!) is to put on my scuzzy old super-soft GAP t-shirt and leggings and lay on the sofa watching a history or science documentary. Works for me, but can only be done when the kids are demanding my attention!

x

Replies

• Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    purses. a new purse is my weakness.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Watching a REALLY good TV show or movie in my pajamas. That always distracts me from unnecessary food.
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A new outfit or pair of shoes! But if i don't have money for that, i treat myself to an at-home spa day; soak in a warm bath, facial, mani, and pedi works for me
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i have 2 ..
    1 that i do all the time - fresh sheets favourite pjs cup of tea and watch a film in bed :D maybe light some candles too if im feeling the need for extra special...
    or 2 - massage, my friend is trained in alternative therapies and i have decided all my mini goal treats are a massage from her :D
    x
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Clean laundered sheets - I can relate to that one! When I win the lottery, my luxuries are going to be fresh (ironed) linen on my bed every day (crucially laundered, ironed, and put on the bed by someone else), and fresh flowers.
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. Now, I have to come up with my own non-eat treat!
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've bribed myself with one Mac eyeshadow for every 5 pounds I lose. At my goal I should have one of those 15 pallet trays full. I can't wait!
  • tiffanysb
    tiffanysb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I go to JC Penney or Sephora and find something nice for every five pounds lost. :)
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've set myself mini weight-loss targets, and there's a treat associated with each one:

4kg = Origins night cream (Origins being an expensive organic beauty brand that I LOVE but can't always justify!)
    8kg = Some new footwear...hoping I hit this one in time to get myself one of the gorgeous pairs of boots I've seen!

I still need ideas for 11kg, 14kg and 16kg, but I'll see what I'm lusting after when I get close!
  • HawtTamale
    HawtTamale Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add, but I'm bumping b/c I love the theory behind this! Great ideas ladies :)
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've reached my goal weight and bought myself a LOVELY pair of earrings! (I'm a real sucker for pretty things that glitter...) ;-)
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to reading more suggestions... food rewards were always such a quick and relatively cheap way to make myself feel better. I'd love to find some other thing that is non-time consuming and free for a busy and poor student!! Currently I just cuddle my cat, and that works pretty well most of the time. :)
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    For me, it is probably to play my guitar or piano depending what I'm feeling in the mood for. Playing them takes me off to a happy place where I can't really think about any problems or worries, so works for me :)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    When I reach goal, I will treat myself with a strand of classic REAL pearls. I love pearls!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well since I have a wardrobe of every size between 6 and 16, I have a hard time justifying new clothes.

But new shoes.....oh yah!!!

And race entry fees. Races cost almost an arm and a leg these days, so for me to pay the $$ to run it, it is my treat for being fit.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've bribed myself with one Mac eyeshadow for every 5 pounds I lose. At my goal I should have one of those 15 pallet trays full. I can't wait!

I love this one!
  • couponaddic
    Options
    I love to just lay around and watch some good TV or read a good book. I love the idea of loosing so much and getting a reward. I will have to start doing this! I am so cheap that I will have to get myself some new clothes each milestone!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I do not have any such thing. When I think of treat, I think of DQ Peanut Buster Parfait or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, or a slice of cake with buttercream icing.

I am not an "emotional eater" though, so I don't equate foods with emotions. I really don't understand the term "comfort food" either.

Hmmmm....no, I can't think of anything. I will check back to see what others post. :smokin:
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have been using makeup or new clothes. For the smaller treats, something like a new eyeliner or a new pair of underwear is a nice thing. For something bigger, I am saving for some boots.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    A trip to a bookstore . With my credit card. Whoooooohoooooo!