*sigh* restarting after a year.

Options
Hi All!

Life happens and was off tracking/exercising for over a year. Decided a couple days ago to get back into the swing of things. I have been feeling blah and stressed and I am irritated that I didn't finish a 5k training program I was doing.

I am over it. Weirdly I weighed in today and it was the same as when I left off over a year ago exactly. So that is great, but it is totally proving that weight is just a part of the pic. I haven't taken my measurements (where is my tape? lol) but I am sure my belly fat is a lot higher and like I said before, I feel crummy.

Sooooo......anyone with some inspirational stories about taking a break and really getting it right the second time? I figure I only need to lose about 10 pounds, but I NEED to FEEL better!!

Thanks!
B

Replies

• EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Keep up with your goals and then you can write your own inspirational story
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Keep up with your goals and then you can write your own inspirational story

^^yes, This^^. Good luck!
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Its easy to fall off.

Don't sweat the small stuff, its easy to get back in gear. I'm one of those who fell flat on his face before. Before my move to Houston, I was at 220 and dropping steadily, but after some goof ups and lack of a bike (and understanding, I came here before I did my old routine I'd be a heck of a lot closer to a comfortable 'big' frame), I ballooned up hard.

Today, I've been on my work for over a month and have already lost over half of the extra gained weight, and by Christmas, I'll have brought myself back to pre-houston weight and back on track to my goals.

Falling is easy, getting up is hard. But once you get up, dust off and know nothing can stop you.
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! I AM going to be successful this time!
  • CricketWhiskers
    CricketWhiskers Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it's not as far as you think and once you fall back into good habits you're going to start feeling great in a hurry! I fell off the wagon last year in a big way! I started out at 282lbs and lost 40lbs then the holidays hit and I gained back almost every last lb. I started up again in February at 279 and I'm now down 64lbs and still trucking even with the holidays once again looming! You've totally got this!!!
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    At least you are restarting. You will lose the weight again. We've all been there. You lose weight, everyone is congratulating you, you fall off the wagon, then whammo! You are almost back to your old weight. Logging and coming here every day is a great way to stay on track. Good luck!
  • NatashaGodber
    Options
    Good luck xx
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You're not the first and certainly wont be the last. I have returned recently, hadn't really gained anything when i was away. but i was definitely allowing the old habits to creep back.

Welcome back, stick with it and you'll be amazed at what you are going to achieve!
  • Catman_Jellytot
    Catman_Jellytot Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm restarting my weight loss again. Life has just got in the way the past couple of months and I have gone back up to pretty much my starting weight (196 lbs)

I want to be 154 lbs before my graduation in July, but my short term goal is at least a stone (14 lbs) by my 21st in December.

I know I can do it, and I know you can too!

:)<3
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but I'm right with you. After losing a lot a yerar ago I went into a maintanance mode. Big lesson to be learned is thatg maintanance does not mean back to the old ways. Luckily I felt so lousy agbout myself. (like a big blob) that I only picked back up 20 lbs, It was so easy to tell just by the ways clothes were fitting that I should have heeded the warning, but I didn't. Now it's back to the logging to drop this 15-20 lbs and keep it off. A lesson learned at a big price.

I'm sure you can do it, cause you have seen some light already, Keep up the spirits and lean on us for support if needed.
    Always keep in mind that it's not a punishment, but a shift in living habits.