Strange Phenomenon

Options
mcn79
mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
I've notice this recent phenomenon and I'm curious if I'm the only one... Before I started MFP I lived a very sedentary life style. I loved to sleep in, take naps, read, etc. I had a hard time focusing on TV, but the internet and books could suck me in. Now, 4 months later, I can't sleep in (unless I'm supposed to be getting up for work) and I struggle to sit still and relax. This morning I got up early, no one was up and I didn't know what to do with myself. So I went to the gym. Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing, it's just strange. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've definitely noticed that too. I find that the more weight I lose, the less sleep I need and the more energy I have. It makes sense if I think about it, but it still kind of surprised me!
  • ChinUp4Life
    Options
    Are you becoming addicted to exercise?
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am not yet addicted to exercise... but I definitely notice if I don't move everyday! I know it makes sense, but... it's just so strange for me!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    =) It's perfectly normal...I have reached a point where I get grumpy if I skip my daily exercise.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Are you becoming addicted to exercise?

I don't know if "addicted" is the right word - but I did find myself choosing to be "lazy" and going to the gym rather than cleaning my house. Very weird!
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep in later than 9am, rather than 11am-2pm, now on weekends. lol I do get up at 6am during the week so it still feels like a lie in.

I do look forward to my daily exercises which sounds weird, but I'm not addicted to it. I guess now I can physically see myself getting fitter it feels great to do them.

Feels good to have more of a weekend too. :D