Breakfast ideas

Options
hey guys

I need some inspiration, i need high energy low cal breakfast ideas please if anyone has any ideas thankyou xx

Replies

• BalletBitch
    Options
    Porridge/Oatmeal is always good, only about 150kcals but it's slow releasing energy so sets you up for the day.
    Eggs are also full of energy and low cal, especially if you only use egg whites then you can have an omelette for around 70kcal !

PLUS there's this amazing healthy pancake recipe, basically mix 2 eggs and 1 banana together and cook it like a normal pancake. It's really clean, packed with energy yet it's still super healthy!

Don't be fooled by yoghurt or 'healthy' cereals as they often are full of sugar :) xx
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Porridge/Oatmeal is always good, only about 150kcals but it's slow releasing energy so sets you up for the day.
    Eggs are also full of energy and low cal, especially if you only use egg whites then you can have an omelette for around 70kcal !

PLUS there's this amazing healthy pancake recipe, basically mix 2 eggs and 1 banana together and cook it like a normal pancake. It's really clean, packed with energy yet it's still super healthy!

Don't be fooled by yoghurt or 'healthy' cereals as they often are full of sugar :) xx

Ooooh that banana recipe sounds amazing - guess what I'm trying in the morning??? :-D
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can have a fullfilling egg sandwich under 200 cals, with orowheat (or any brand) thins (vry thin rounded sandwich bread), 2 or 3 egg whites, you can even add a teaspoon of mayo and that would be great. Or a turkey ham slice, those are 35 cals.
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I had a shake this morning for breakfast that I drank a bit before work and throughout the morning. It was about 600 cals but by the time I got a break for lunch I only ate a few bites of my pasta salad...I really wasn't even hungry. It's now 5pm and that's all I've had today so I'd say it's filling! I used 1 cup 2% milk, 1 banana, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 scoop of protein powder (25g protein) 2 tbsp ground flax, 1/2 cup plain yogurt and it totalled 44g protein I believe. I really love drinking smoothies in the morning.
    Edited to add, I normally don't not eat for long amounts of time like that but I've been working all day and only finished at 4. Usually I would be ravenous by now but I'm just a bit hungry.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Egg and soldiers <3
  • seventeendayer
    seventeendayer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Beans on wholemeal toast!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are around 250-300 calories, and I ring teh changes between:

Scrambled eggs. Done in the microwave, usually one whole egg and a glug of egg whites. I'll add in bits of whatever I have - spinach, mushroom, ham, chicken, cheese.

A slice of good quality seedey bread toasted, topped with cottage cheese, peanut butter, or a smooshed avocado.

Porridge, or overnight oats.

Greek yoghurt with berries.

Smoked fish. Trout is lower in fat than salmon or mackerel.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Porridge
    Weetabix
    Fresh fruit and yogurt
    Bagel with honey and jam
    Poached eggs and whole meal toast
    Bacon
    Scrambled egg and salmon
  • shellihooten
    Options

I would add that while egg whites are less calories, there is a LOT of good vitamins in egg yolks. They are packed with Vitamin A & D, B Vitamins...check out this link for the low down on eggs.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/276142-the-vitamins-in-an-egg-yolk/
    I raise chickens, so I have an endless supply of non-caged, happy hens. Just don't be afraid to eat an egg a day! Hard boiled, poached, scrambled, fried in coconut oil(GOOD fat).
    AND that egg, banana pancake does sound delish! I will try that myself!

Also, as mentioned above, Oatmeal is a great option, it sticks with you. I cook steel cut oats. Love them! Use maybe a teaspoon of brown sugar with my ground flax and a spoonful of my PB2(powdered peanut butter-has 1/4 the calories of regular PB) Some low-fat Almond or Soy milk. Yumm-o! Add raisins or craisins.

I am also a Blended greens/smoothie fan. That is another stick with you meal. Can give you some input if interested.

Best of luck!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    100g of fat free Greek yoghurt, mix it up with about 20g of or porridge oats and two teaspoons on reduced sugar jam then leave it in the fridge overnight. Low in calories, fat and high in protein. Keeps you full for ages.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    1) Oatmeal with peanut butter and sliced bananas & scrambled egg whites.
    2) Scrambled eggs with vegetables, ham, cheese, etc. & a slice of whole-grain toast with peanut butter.
    3) Protein shake made with fruit, milk, Greek yogurt, and protein powder.
    4) Two eggs however you like them cooked, turkey bacon, a piece of fruit, & a slice of whole-grain toast with peanut butter.
    5) Cottage cheese & fruit salad.