8 Months in and 80 + lbs gone (Pics)

Options
Hi all

I was not going to post this but after last night, I feel I can now call my efforts a success.

Andy2011.jpg

This was my first profile picture from August 2011, not sure what I weighed but gives the best idea of the bad shape I was in before I started in February. When I started at the gym I weighed in at 298 lbs(21 st 3lbs/135.1 Kgs), so I started just using the exercises my instructor gave me and I carried on with my old eating habits, after 6 weeks I had a review and had lost almost 9 lbs (4.2 Kgs) which I thought wasn't bad. A week or so later I was having a sauna and talking to a work mate who told me about MFP, so I thought why not try this as well as the gym.

AndyApril.jpg

This picture was taken at the end of April, just over a month after logging my food intake.

My next review was 2 days after this picture was taken, I was down to 268 lbs a loss of 20 lbs/9.2 Kgs in 6 weeks, my instructor was quite shocked at the loss and I started to believe I could do this.

[jmg]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/ThaiSilk1/MFP/AndyJune.jpg[/img]

This was at my eldest nephews wedding at the beginning of June, a similar angle to my original and the difference is noticeable.

My next review followed again 2 days after the picture was taken, I was now down to 252 lbs a loss of 17lbs/7.2 Kgs, so things were still going well. I felt that some more work was needed on my stomach area so my programme was changed around a little and a couple extra items added.

AndyJuly.jpg

This picture was taken at the start of the July following a post on the forums.

My next review was at the start of August, between my previous review I had strained my right hamstring getting in the car which I thought here we go the body is going to start rebelling against the exercise. But using the Sports Physio at the gym I was back to exercise in a week and back on my programme in 3 weeks. The review was 8 weeks after my previous one due to work commitments, I was now down to 235 lbs, a loss of 17 lbs/7.5 Kgs, I was now just 4.4 lbs/2 Kgs from my first goal which is where I had been when using the gym previously before my knee gave out.

AndySeptember.jpg

This picture was taken at the start of September, this was the day after I had started a forced 3 weeks out from the gym due to a shoulder injury which restricted me from any strenuous activity due to an open wound. This forced me to concentrate on what I was eating with no exercise, I managed to drop 4.4 lbs/2 Kgs during that period.

AndyOctober.jpg

This picture was taken last night, the gym I attend has an annual ball. It was there that I found my progress hadn't been as anonymous as I thought it was, people have congratulated, praised and called me an inspiration at the gym that I see on a regular basis. But last night there were people that I didn't know and assumed that they didn't know me that were commenting on the difference I had made since joining the gym.

So how have I done this, my Cardio is the Elliptical, Treadmill (walking), Stationary bike and the Rower for about 60 minutes every other day (on average). I now also 12 different resistance machines split into 2 different rotations.

I eat to my calories set by MFP, I used to eat workout calories back but during June I slowed right down for 2 weeks so adjusted my settings to lightly active so I end up with a more balanced diary rather than peaks and troughs if I go to the gym or not. This is currently working for my body, so while it is working I am not changing anything.

My last official weigh in was last Sunday and I was down to 216.5 lbs / 98.4 Kgs, so now out of the one-derland that is Kgs my next target is getting to the one-derland that is lbs, I have no idea when I was in that weight range.

I do have one regret with this journey though, I feel I could have made a charity some serious money if I had thought about getting sponsorship to go along with my weight loss. This will change next year as I am going to try and do a few sponsored events to use my hard work for some good.

My advise to others wanting to get where they want to be, when you start concentrate on your calories, as the weight starts to drop away then start cleaning up what you are eating. Also a 5 minute walk around the block is better for you than spending that time sat on the couch. :happy:

Andy

Replies

• NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation! You look so much younger too. Great job!
  • amandahahn85
    amandahahn85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up your hard work!

30497706.png
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Great story and incredible success so far. Seeing the change over a period of time really helps keep my motivation up.
  • Cbarrese86
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work and dedication! You should be VERY proud!
  • aimeelynnn
    aimeelynnn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful I am so happy for you and I admire your hard work! I feel discouraged so your story has helped me thank you,
    Amy Lynn
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    Great post, very inspirational. Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing.
  • MStanford336
    MStanford336 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look Great
  • SummerBaby93
    Options
    You should be amazingly proud of yourself! You've knocked years off your appearance, and you probably feel loads healthier too right?! Well done, you look awesome. :)
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    Amazing. Congrats with this great result :smile:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great job Andy!!! Congrats on your success!!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    You are awesome! What an inspiration to all of us. It sounds like you have a very healthy approach to weight loss, fitness and life! Keep up the good work. You look very handsome and so much younger!
  • CHERUBUMS
    CHERUBUMS Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Keep up the awesome work. You're definitely an inspiration. Thanks for posting and sharing your story.
    Michelle
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind comments, I am proud of my current achievements but I still have some way to go to be where I want to be and get too.

I still have a few more challenges to meet and defeat, but feel with my success so far that I can do that too.

Andy
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    You look great! Great job on your commitment and dedication. Keep smiling. :drinker:
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!

8 months of hard work have definitely gotten you looking pretty sharp :wink:
    Keep it up, youre going to be at your goal in no time! Yeee haw!!:flowerforyou:
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Just WOW! Look at you!
    Great achievement Andy, you're a great inspiration and a great friend to have on MFP. Your consistence has paid off wonderfully! Really pleased for you.
    Keep up the good work.
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Looking good Andy, hope you enjoyed the ball
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    Wow - what a difference! You look fantastic and very handsome. Congrats on your success.
  • doreenOrtiz
    doreenOrtiz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wow that is in amazing transformation.... you deserve all the praise you been getting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!