(Tiny) C25K NSV

Options
Hey everyone! This is definitely minor to a lot of people, but I just completed the first day of the C25K program!!! As someone that has always wanted to be a runner, but has always been the least athletic person, this is HUGE for me. Even better, the Jingle Bell Run 5k in my town is scheduled for the day after I finish the program! I've said every year that I wanted to run that and this year I should be able to! Totally didn't plan it that way either so it must be meant to be. ;) Just had to share!

Replies

• 1234getgoing
    Options
    Congratulations! That is something to be proud of and is a huge accomplishment ! Good luck in that Jingle Bell run !
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I remember my first day! It was tough. I did my 5K today and just finished C25K this week. Keep it up, it gets easier as long as you stick with it, and it is absolutely worth it!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Yay! I remember finishing W1D1 of C25K and feeling accomplished. We did D5D3 last week and it was the first time I've ever run 20 minutes non-stop. I was on top of the world! :)

Glad you're doing the program! You're going to be AMAZED at how your endurance changes. :)
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    well done! I did day 1 of week 3 yesterday, and honestly felt like crying afterward when I realised I had run for 3 minutes straight - sounds pathetic, I know, but I was so surprised that I could do it. I put a little post-it note on my treadmill display over the time display, with the words "KEEP GOING!" on it.

Soon we'll be running 20 minutes non stop and thinking it's totally easy! :)
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's so great that you've started. I'm a C25K convert, got W9D1 tomorrow and my first 5k race in 3 weeks' time, and I'm SO impressed by what that programme has done for me. Awesome that you've already got a race lined up!
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    That's great! You are on your way! I'm on week 7, and love it, though I have never ran in my life before C25K. I'm carrying 60 extra pounds, and it's still been great! Get ready for all of your friends to notice a change. After a few weeks of C25K, your friends will start asking, "What are you doing? You look great. " :)
  • frefrebelle
    frefrebelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's not a small thing, it's a very brave thing! to actually put yourself in a situation you know is going to be a struggle and going for it anyway.

I have never been able to run, or do much at all, but I did week 5 day 2 this morning - I am no where near fit yet and certainly not a runner, but every session it gets easier, even if the runs get harder.

I might even be brave enough to join my husband on a charity 5k afterwards once I have completed the programme :)

Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • nominal
    nominal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow! EEEK!
    Well done!
  • EmilyGetsSkinny95
    EmilyGetsSkinny95 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Way to go - you can do this! It is such a cool program. I just finished week 3 day 3 and I love it. Running is starting to be fun - not just a chore.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    C25K is a great program. Great start - keep going. You can do this...and there may be a week that you want to repeat, but don't beat yourself up over that. Congratulations and welcome to running world!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!! You can totally do it! Just stick with it a day at a time and you'll do great!
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That is NOT a tiny NSV!! That is HUGE! C25K is amazing and will change your life. Have fun and good luck on your Jingle Bell run!
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    NOT a tiny NSV at all! congrats on taking the first steps and getting started with c25k. it's a great program. i just completed it in early september, and have participated in two 5k's since then. i had to repeat some days/weeks, but i stuck with it and finished. consistency absolutely pays off!
  • Casshileman
    Options
    Congrats!! Awesome job!!

Did W5D1 today. Almost threw up, twice. lol. But I finished it!! It was rough today, but I am so proud that I made it! I have NEVER ran before this program. I actually used to tell people that if they ever saw me running, don't ask questions just start running. Cause something bad is coming. lol.

I should finish C25K the week of my 29th birthday, then my first 5K is the week after!! Can't wait!!
  • ellemoncada
    Options
    I'm so happy to see this post! I'm doing W1W1 of C25K tonight and am feeling really excited to see your post as well as the comments that followed. I hope we are both doing Jingle Bell Runs 8/9 weeks from now!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week5 Day 1 and I thought I was going to die. Did you feel like after the 5 minute run that you were done? LOL I barely could finish and I feel like I am getting slower. Its hard. But I am going to keep at it.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    That is a huge NSV! I did day 1 and barely made it half way through. i told myself I'd give it a week before I tried again and it's been over a month. I did move and get a full time position and what not though. congrats!
  • leah07598
    leah07598 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I just finished the program this past weekend and I can say it is well worth it. Keep up the good work.
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    TINY!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? First steps are never tiny. This is huge. Congrats on starting, congrats on finishing and congrats on keeping it going!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    it's not minor at all..it's your first day in a journey of self discovery and incredible achievements yet to come.

congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!