3 weeks of eating healthy and working out and up 4 pounds!

Options
2»

Replies

• Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    How do your clothes fit? That's what really matters. Muscle takes up less volume that fat, so you'll look smaller but since a pound of muscle weighs the same as pound of fat, you'll look smaller but weigh the same or more.

Oh, you can NOT replace fat with muscle. Fat is fat and muscle is muscle, two different things and, the two shall not twine.
  • Pollyanna75
    Options
    There is a good chance that eating 1,200 and playing tennis as often as you do is just not enough food for your body. It may sound "crazy" but a lot of people on here will vouch for the "eat more, weigh less" maybe try upping it to 1,400?

I do agree. My nutritionist told me 1200 calories is not enough. She told me to eat 1,500 calories. If the calories are not enough, your body will think you are starving yourself.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Keep up the exercise, eat healthy, and log everything you eat. Your weight gain may be due to water weight and/or working out. Make sure you drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. Hydrating will help you lose water weight.
    3 weeks is way too short a time period to track progress. Weigh yourself once a week and log it but IGNORE it on a weekly basis. If you keep up your healthy habits you will see the trend in months not weeks. In the meanwhile your healthy lifestyle will make you feel so good you won't want to stop!
    You are doing a great thing for yourself starting healthy at a young age.
    Keep it up!
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm really feeling much more confident with all of the wonderful replies :) I'll keep weighing myself on Saturdays and I'll up my intake a bit. I checked and my TDEE is 2148 while my BMR is around 1600 and I definitely do not eat above that so hopefully in the weeks or months to come I'll begin seeing results!

I actually noticed that some of the foods I eat contain sodium that is 70% of a 2000 calorie diet so even though it's low in calories I think water retention is a portion of the weight, I definitely need to keep up with drinking more water.

As for my clothes, I went from a size large to a pretty comfortable fit medium, some stuff I even have small in. Im always much more confident with the way my legs look than my stomach since thats my most troublesome area. Have about 12 pounds to go and already lost 20 so its definitely nerve-wracking after a 4 month hiatus from working out regularly.