Can't find a bra that fits!!

Options
So, I'm a 36D. And the thing is, my bras fit. Like, they're the correct size. If I go up a size it starts to gap, and it is just too big. My problem is that after I start walking around and doing stuff, my breasts migrate to the middle. They just totally ignore that there is a cup standing in the way. Even on full coverage bras (not demi,or plunge, or anything) they move to the middle and I get that awkward line, and a little bit of bulge, and then I get a little bit of gapping on the lateral sides, almost under my arm pits. So I guess my question is, for you ladies that have breasts that sit very centrally on your chest, what kind of bra do you wear??

And here's the kicker: I work at a bra store. But my boss and I both have this problem, and don't have a clue what to do about it. But since I'm losing weight and need to buy some new bras soon, I wanted to know what you guys thought.

Replies

• nattles90
    Options
    I have the same problem and am about to start taping my boobs into my bra! But seriously...posting for answers
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Mine only do that in a bra that the cups are either too small or occasionally in the molded cup styles. I don't know what store you work at but I do know that I got fitted at Macy's as a 36DD or 36 DDD, depends on the cut and fabric for me, but according to the Ladies at Aerie i am a 40D. The size that truly fits and stay comfortable all day is 36DD/DDD. I think that Aerie company fitting guidelines are off for bigger "girls" The girl that did my fitting at Aerie had boob spillage and she was bigger up top also. I think this may have to do with limited larger size bra's in stock in the Aerie stores.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm the same size as you. I went to a CHAMPION outlet and they had a whole array of sports bras (the ones that hook in the back like a real bra) I love them. I bought two different styles. One of the styles actually holds me better then the Friggin Expensive Victoria Secrets Bras I buy and they are CHEAPER! So try the Champion outlet store. Somewhere you can try them on. If you have a smartphone, download the APP GeoQpons and they usually have a Champion coupon. Good luck
  • jackso11
    jackso11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well like I said, my bras fit properly. All of the measurements are correct. It's just that my breasts apparently sit closer together than most, I suppose. I sometimes go into other stores just to confirm that my measurement is right and that it really just is that my body is not the norm for the commonly sold bra. They just spill to the center and leave gapping at the sides. But when I first put it on, the fit is flawless. It's just once I get to moving around... so do they.
  • jackso11
    Options
    Are they regular bras or are they actually sports bras? I'm looking for a lightly lined, just normal, regular, t-shirt bra.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I had this problem as well and after much research the conclusion is I was wearing the wrong style and/or size bra. I love push ups but at one store the lady tried to nicely tell me to stop wearing them and to go with balconettes or demi cups and with less padding. I do not have this issue when I wear those bras. I think alot of my issue was losing weight caused my boobs to not be as full as they were before and that is why they gravitate to the center lol.

Also even though I went to 3 different stores and got measured and was all the same size at all 3, I am realizing different stores aren't accurate in their sizes as in they run small which is why they fall to the center as well. This has been from what I found upon doing research about me. Hope it helps :)
  • jackso11
    Options
    Hmm. I always seem to find that the demi cup enhances the boob migration as oppose to helping it. The more full coverage the bra is, the better it seems to be. However, I guess if it was a full half cup, that went clear across from side to side instead of angled, that would probably be really beneficial. Thanks, that's definitely something to look into.
  • rukus1
    rukus1 Posts: 112
    Options
    Go to message boards. Topic: I found a bra size calculator that isn't wrong! OMG! Good luck on your search for the perfect " double barreled sling shot"
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good topic. I am th opposite.. I spread out to the sides.. With a good bit of axillary breast tissue. Would love to find a bra with very firm side support and a propensity to push the girls closer together..any suggestions out there? I think I am currently a 44D
  • apatheticLog
    apatheticLog Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ah bras. yep. i knew i got super fat when i could no longer feel comfortable in my 38C! a little off topic, but ...
  • fleur99
    Options
    I have the exact same problem - bra fits but boobs spill out of the middle. I have found that balconette bras are the answer. They need to be held up and not pushed together, which is what all the Wonder Bra style bras do.
  • Ruthann1971
    Ruthann1971 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wonderful topic! I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while now. I finally found two that I love. They are both from Victoria's Secret but they are so comfortable that I will pay the price. I not only have the issue of "moving to the center" but I also have the 41 year old sag going on. After 3 children and weight gain the girls are starting to head south! I wanted something that would lift but be comfortable.
    The bra I found is a shelf bra, with lift, side support and coverage. I drive a bus for a living so I needed support so that I didn't bounce going down the road. I wear a 38 D and I got these bras 2 weeks ago and the girls couldn't be happier. I have found that there are two things I will pay good money for and that is my bras and makeup.
    The other bra I like is the plunge bra also from VS. It's padded but it gives support. The down side to this bra is that it is not one to be worn while working as you can get spillage from it but it is a good "date night bra". I wore this one for my wedding in May and felt wonderful all day in it.