I did IT!!!

Options
Today while on my lunch break I registered myself for a Try-a-tri. 375km swim, 10k bike, and 2.5k run. Its in Orillia Ontario Aug 22nd if anyone else is interested!

No turning back now!:laugh:

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Wow!! That is awesome! I had a couple of friends to a tri-athelon! That is brave! You go girl!!
  • fishykisses
    Options
    Wow...way to go Miranda. This will be an awesome accomplishment!!! :bigsmile:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Um...I'm gonna guess that's a 375m swim...other wise I don't ever want to try-that-tri...:)

Good luck to you. I'm in a tri for Autism Aug 1st in NJ (.25mi, 11.5mi, 3.1mi) and the training is awesome. Trust me once you get into the heart of your training, you'll easilly burn your 800-1000 calories. Granted I'm bigger, but I'm also just at the beginning of the training and I can kill 1300-1500 calories per day and the times and distances will only be going up, and up...:)

Good luck to you.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :happy:

But, umm.... HOLY COW! I think I'll pass on coming along. I just registered for a 5 mile race (and only a 5 mile race, no swimming or bike riding or anything else) & I'm just worried about finishing that up within an hours time! :laugh:
  • irismoon
    Options
    Wish I could do stuff like that! I know I'm way to out of shape for that. So have fun and try hard for those of us that can't!
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Ooops Thanks for pointing out my typo... its a 375 meter swim not K lol
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    Good luck with that!!
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    Congrats :) and good luck. I could do the swim part, maybe the bike, but not the run. LOL
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Awesome! Have always wanted to do that! Good luck!