My success story with pictures. (110+lbs lost)

Options
BaristaX
BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
So, here I am, sharing my success story, which for me it is still hard to believe that I made it this far since I have been over 270+lbs most my life. I really couldn't find good photos of myself when I was still considered very obese, and I realized that I subconsciously hated getting my picture taken because deep down, I really was ashamed of myself.

fa1.jpg

so here I am about 2-3 years ago at my highest weight of 298lbs, this was taken while I was on a small vacation for a hiking trip with friends, when I look back, I was still surprised I agreed to go on a hiking trip during a time I really didn't want to do anything involving physical activities or outdoors.

fa2.jpg

and here I am at a friends Hawaiian themed outdoor BBQ party, I may have been around 291-296, these were the activities I was really looking forward to, beer and food, this picture is actually deceiving, maybe because it was an angled side shot, that the rest of me is not showing, but the picture clearly shows that my friend and I were partially buzzed.

fa3.jpg

and this currently me as of now (one one on the far right if you couldn't tell), weighing in at 184 lbs, this was shot back in September during an event, when this photo was taken, there was a different feeling this time, I did not feel that "ashamed" feel that I used to feel for 19+ years.

fa4.jpg

and this last picture was taken 2 weeks ago during my fencing class.

I use to always think it was impossible to change, but dedication and having a strong will for wanting to change goes a long way, and I know if I can do it, anyone can, I hope this brings some inspiration and give the motivation to get healthier, I know you can do it!.

Replies

• julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great! I can really see a difference in your confidence in the pictures.
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • lexusgirl1
    Options
    Incredible!
  • BaristaX
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words. :smile:
  • ssmlnmcjm
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Congrats on your success!! So Inspiring!!:happy:
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    You look ten years younger, I bet you feel a lot younger and healthier too!

Congrats!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation. Congrats on your success :-)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Amazing Amazing!!!! You look great. Inspirational.
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So excellent! Do deserve to be proud & feel great about yourself - you put in the hard work & the time to teach yourself how to REALLY be good to yourself - awesome :) Enjoy your new life...style :)
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Soooooo amazing!!!! Congrats on ur success, you look phenomenal!! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations! You look awesome and what an inspiration you are!!! Thanks for posting and I love your message that if you are commitmented and work hard, you will acheive your goals. Words to live by.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Wow! How awesome!
  • BaristaX
    Options
    again, thanks everyone for your kind comments

@barbiek999
    I kept hearing those phrases over and over to "work hard and be dedicated", before I would just ignore those words and lived life like I had already known I was going to be a failure no matter what, but when I actually decided to actually to change myself for the better, those words are definitely the truth, that's why I am saying it as well (and hoping others will give themselves a chance and not shrug it off like I did.)
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    omg, you look amazing - whatever you're doing, keep it up! <3
  • determined136
    Options
    You look AH MAZE ING!!!!!!!

You absolutely know what commitment means! WAY TO GO!!!!
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    great job, Congrats
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Man....YOU ROCK!!! That's awesome!! Way to take control of your life!
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Added motivation for me! You look fantastic!!
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job and congradulations!!!! You are truly an inspiration!!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring!

Karen
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!