Accomplished one of "my inspirations" goals today!

Options
laureltn
laureltn Posts: 87 Member
One of my inspirational goals is/was to place first in my age group in a "real" race. I got first in a 10K before but I was the only 55-59 female competing so I didn't count it.

My favorite 5K is the Germantown Bier Run 5K here in Nashville. This is my third year running it. First two years I got a respectable 4th place in my age group. today with a new race PR of 25:15 I got 1st place!! I shaved a whopping 3 MINUTES OFF A 5K time. That's thanks to better eating and shedding a good bit of weight/converting to muscle. Yay!!!!

Of course Murphy's Law is alive and well. I had to leave early to head to Knoxville for a commitment with my kids there. But somebody from the local running club was supposed to pick up my award for me and I'll get it later.) I guess I'll hope to get another 1st I can actually claim in person.

Replies

• mommy_03
    mommy_03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thats awesome and you should def feel proud!
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    WoW!!!!! Nice work! Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!!
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am living proof you are never to old to start to run. I hated running in college and now I am hooked. I am not sure I'll train for a full (maybe when I am retired and really have the time) but plan to do another half sometime next year too!

Now on to the one last running-related goals -- beating my 24-year-old son in a 5K. (He's in law school and has no time to run these days). He's still a good 2 minutes faster than me, i'm sure, but I'll make him worried during the Turkey Trot next month -- Mama's coming for you, Son!
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    Awesome - congrats :heart: :drinker: What a huge achievement !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!