My FIRST real NSV!!

Options
13»

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm impressed that they remembered you and complimented you on your weight loss. I'm very impressed with your weight loss too! GO, BigDaddy!
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm new! What is NSV?

yes, I'm new also, and I'm confused with all the acrynyms....please update us...
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm new! What is NSV?

yes, I'm new also, and I'm confused with all the acrynyms....please update us...

"NSV" is a "Non-Scale Victory"--something that makes you feel really good about your progress, but is not tied to the number on the scale. could be a compliment, fitting into a smaller clothing size, looking in the mirror and finally feeling comfortable with your body, achieving a new fitness goal... anything, really, as long as it's not about the number on the scale.

to the OP, what a wonderful story!! that really made me smile :) keep up the awesome work!
  • dwndecker
    dwndecker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm new! What is NSV?

"NSV" is a "Non-Scale Victory"--something that makes you feel really good about your progress, but is not tied to the number on the scale. could be a compliment, fitting into a smaller clothing size, looking in the mirror and finally feeling comfortable with your body, achieving a new fitness goal... anything, really, as long as it's not about the number on the scale.

to the OP, what a wonderful story!! that really made me smile :) keep up the awesome work!

thanks so much...I guess I've had a NSV also...my coworkers are noticing that something is different, and wonder if something is wrong with me...I've lost about 30 lbs in the last 2 years...
  • reshapinrose
    Options
    Love this!!!
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That's great, well done :flowerforyou:
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That is REALLY awesome!
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Love that! Great NSV!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is so awesome, and truly brought tears to my eyes!!! Congratulations on the weight loss!!! Keep it up "old man"! ;-)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! Those 50 pounds are a big deal!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful NSV!! Congrats!!
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So great! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing and inspiring :smile:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Ok, so maybe it's not a HUGE deal, but i am VERY excited!! I went to the store with my son, and we were walking out to the truck. Some young guys in a van started yelling "Hey man, hey ... hey guy" ... I turned around to find they were talking to me. They asked me if I remembered playing basketball with them (this would have been at least a year ago). On the way home from work one day, I saw some guys playing at the park, so I stopped and asked if an old man could play too. I ended up playing for a couple of hours with them, and evidently my game was somewhat memorable ;). Anyways, they asked if I was still playing, and I told them that I hadn't really played much since then. They both said, "well dang man, you are doing something because you have lost a LOT of weight" ... YES!! Two older teen guys that I DID NOT know NOTICED that I had lost weight ... AWESOME!! I guess going from 400+ to around 350 really is NOTICEABLE!! YAY!! I LOVE MFP!! thanks to ALL my mfp friends for encouraging me along this journey!!

aww thats awesome!!! and the peeps that 'never' see you.. or havent seen you since before you started mfp till 'now' are the ones that are like 'wow!?!?!? lol.. heck ya..50 #'s is SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!! great job.. i love NSV's :drinker:
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!! Let's Play Ball!!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have to say any NSV is HUGE..they are the dots over the i's and the crossing of the t's. They are the great little reminders as to why we do this. Sure seeing that scale move is FANTASTIC, but pulling on a shirt 5 sizes smaller is too. Having to buy new shoes because all the ones you have are too big is great as well. Keep up your great work and do your best everyday!!!
  • flowergirl73
    flowergirl73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Your son's dad is doing great!!!
  • buckeyetex315
    buckeyetex315 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great NSV - getting teens to notice anything that's not about them is difficult. Getting them to say something about what they notice is a huge deal.

Keep up the good work! Hope you're seeing more energy to play with that great little boy of yours, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!