25 pounds gone since August

Options
CkepiJinx
CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
I for the first time in well at least 13 years most likely more than that weigh less than 270 lbs!!!

I love MFP have used MFPs suggested numbers with out adjusting it, as far as suggested calories not necessarily macros, I had a lot of weight to lose and chose to start at 2 lbs a week, and measured and weighed my foods as much as possible. I still ate foods I love just in moderation and with in my daily goals most of the time and it has worked for me!

Today is a good day!

Replies

• CkepiJinx
    Options
    Shameless bump
  • nyxrun
    nyxrun Posts: 60
    Options
    congrats on the 25 lbs! sounds like you're well on your way :)
  • CkepiJinx
    Options
    Thank you
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you feel just amazing :wink:
  • CkepiJinx
    Options
    I do feel amazing, and even more motivated to keep it up. :)
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    how did u loose 25lbs in such a short time?
  • CkepiJinx
    Options

Well first you have to realize I am obese I started at 293 lbs. that makes a huge difference, as I lose more weight it won't keep coming off this quickly. And when people start off at a lower weight in order to do it healthy they will have to do it slower, as will I eventually.

But to answer your question I input my weight and how much I want to losea week, MFP gave me a calorie goal and I have tried to stay as close to it as possible. I measure/weigh 99% of the food I eat and I log every thing.

Good luck in your journey!
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats to you :)
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options

<snip>

But to answer your question I input my weight and how much I want to lose a week, MFP gave me a calorie goal and I have tried to stay as close to it as possible. I measure/weigh 99% of the food I eat and I log every thing.

Good luck in your journey!

THAT'S the way to do it! No shortcuts, just taking it one day, one choice, at a time ... "If you bite it, write it!"
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • babyxblue101
    Options
    Wow congrats! that's amazing :) very insperational.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 25 pounds is HUGE!:drinker:
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice work! Keep it up! :)
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nice job - way to go! Keep up the great work!
  • CkepiJinx
    Options
    Thank you everyone this was an emotional milestone for me because I haven't been this low since before I started dating my husband!

He loves me no matter what, but I cried a little when I told him and I think it Made him realize how much this means to me now.

I was a happy over weight girl so never really tried to lose the weight, but I know it is time for myself, my husband, and my beautiful daughter. I want her to see me making good choices. It has opened up a line of communication between her and I about healthy eating which is so important to keep her from having to deal with the same thing in twenty years.

I can do this and I will succeed!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Congrats, & best wishes on reaching your goal weight!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!