Cool points system for yelling at fat people?

Options
JennyLisT
JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
Does it exist? I had a funny encounter today that makes me wonder about the appeal of being an *kitten* to a stranger because of their weight.

I was leaving the movie theater and walking across the parking lot. As I'm walking across the cross walk, a guy pulls up and yells out his window. "I don't break for fat chicks!"

Fortunately, 98% percent of my weight is pure sarcasm. I replied, "That's a stupid policy, 'cause I'd cause way more damage to your car." Which made other people loitering in front of the theater laugh, so I can't be the only person thinking he's an *kitten*.

I'm just venting and wondering what would make some tough guy (in a half-tricked out Honda Accord) feel the need to do that.

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Dude is an *kitten*, don't let it bother you! I love your response though, I would've thought of it 30 minutes after the incident. Haha.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Seems like you have pretty thick skin, but still, sorry that happened to you. 98% of my weight is also sarcasm, so I probably would have said something similar! He's probably some bro that hasn't gotten any *kitten* since the last time his fingers slipped through the toilet paper.
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    Seems like you've met one of the many many people in the world who are just inherently *kitten*. Laugh and move on :)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    As they say,"It takes all kinds to make the world go round!" So he had to slow down to say something, so he's lying..what an *kitten*
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Some people are jerks. I'm glad you don't seem to be letting it get to you much. The only people who would think he's cool for doing such a thing are as stupid as he is.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Dude is an *kitten*, don't let it bother you! I love your response though, I would've thought of it 30 minutes after the incident. Haha.

lmao yep this is me

Let it roll off ya, guys like that are lame
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That guy was an idiot. You, on the other hand, get 10 cool points.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    LOL very quick comeback...and the points, I think, go to you!:laugh:
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    some people lash out at others because of the hurt they have experienced. I think this poor tortured soul has been hurt and that was a coping mechanism. Since you noted he was in a tricked out honda, My guess is that one or more people engaged in an intimate situation with this poor chap, and when they laughed out loud at his "private region" that probably caused him a great deal of psychological pain.

you might detect that I also have some sarcastic tendencies, but it really is hard to come up with an excuse for a miserable human being like that jerk. Im glad you have a thick skin about it, but I am sorry you had to have that experience. I have heard many fat jokes over the years, and have noted to friends that when i was heavier that I was one of the only groups that someone could make fun of openly (fat, middle aged white guy).

In the words of the great poet "Cant we all just get along?" -Rodney King
  • Wonkermann
    Options
    11 years ago this Christmas Eve we were having a family meal and some guy became abusive to my mother, who is very fat, because he had to pull his seat in when we were leaving. I absolutely beat the hell out of him, and whilst i wasn't proud of it i have never regretted it.

As far as im concerned, it's right up there with some of the most personal comments you can make to someone. what's worse is the fact it is totally unprovoked. its just nasty people going around saying nasty things, before they go home to their internet and start trolling people.

i like to think i taught the guy a life lesson.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Great comeback....it just means his manpart is probably like a Vienna sausage...put somebody down to compensate for his own SHORTcomings. ;)
  • JennyLisT
    Options
    Thanks, all.

I was just wondering what he personally got from that situation (besides an earful of snark). I've been bashed before, but it was usually when I was being bullied by a group of people trying to impress their friends. I guess it was a little confusing since he was all alone, but maybe there's a reason he's all alone.

My family starts teaching sharp comebacks before we even start toilet training, so I'm almost always prepared! :drinker:
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options

^This.,...or I'd think of it in the shower as I'm talking myself through the entire incident lolz.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love your response. It happens to me too.
  • jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What a D-bag!
    It's awesome to see that you've got such an awesome personality! I would be destroyed, and I definitely wouldn't have had an awesome come back! lol
    This past June some friends and I were at the lake. One of my friends is African American, very dark in complexion. As we were walking from the shore to our car, a middle-aged lady with her teenage kids was walking down towards the lake. As we passed, she looked directly at my friend and said "Looks like someone got too much sun"! We were all completely flabbergasted and walked in silence with open mouths. She was an extremely obese, extremely pale lady... and I wanted to say "Looks like someone had too much to eat!" At that time I was 220lbs, and at 5'3 I was obviously obese, too. So no disrespect intended to anyone here ;-)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Awesome comeback! He was a douch and what goes around comes around.
  • JennyLisT
    Options
    And I just realized it says break instead of brake in the first post. That bothers me more than it should, but I'm glad to say THAT might bother me more than the whole incident.
  • kdoty0305
    Options
    Does it exist? I had a funny encounter today that makes me wonder about the appeal of being an *kitten* to a stranger because of their weight.

I was leaving the movie theater and walking across the parking lot. As I'm walking across the cross walk, a guy pulls up and yells out his window. "I don't break for fat chicks!"

Fortunately, 98% percent of my weight is pure sarcasm. I replied, "That's a stupid policy, 'cause I'd cause way more damage to your car." Which made other people loitering in front of the theater laugh, so I can't be the only person thinking he's an *kitten*.

I'm just venting and wondering what would make some tough guy (in a half-tricked out Honda Accord) feel the need to do that.

The guy probably has a small d*ck and is overly compensating for it. He's projecting his own issues onto you to make himself feel better. You're a nicer person that I, 'cause I'd have shown him my favorite finger.
  • JennyLisT
    Options
    What a D-bag!
    It's awesome to see that you've got such an awesome personality! I would be destroyed, and I definitely wouldn't have had an awesome come back! lol
    This past June some friends and I were at the lake. One of my friends is African American, very dark in complexion. As we were walking from the shore to our car, a middle-aged lady with her teenage kids was walking down towards the lake. As we passed, she looked directly at my friend and said "Looks like someone got too much sun"! We were all completely flabbergasted and walked in silence with open mouths. She was an extremely obese, extremely pale lady... and I wanted to say "Looks like someone had too much to eat!" At that time I was 220lbs, and at 5'3 I was obviously obese, too. So no disrespect intended to anyone here ;-)

What a classy woman. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to think about the fact that she has kids.
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options

I would of just cursed at him, than like ^ he said i would of been like OH I SHOULD OF SAID THIS. i don't get this often, probably because i look pissed all the time. But don't let it get you down ! your doing great !