Zumba?

Options
Anyone tried this? I was at Mall of America and they had a group doing it. It looked so fun! I want to try it, but it almost looked like too much fun to be a good workout, if that makes sense..... Just wondering if it's worth adding to my workout kaleidoscope. :)

Replies

• arasmc
    arasmc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a fantastic workout! I burn about 600-700 calories (usually log 600). It's great for your core because you are stablizing your muscles the entire time. I've seen amazing results and am totally addicited! I'm thinking about adding hand weights too to increase the burn.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's a blast! I've done it several times and it's always fun. Good cardio!
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    It's an AWESOME workout!! you can burn anywhere from 500-800 calories in a 1 hr workout! Do it! it's super fun and VERY addicting!! I really enjoy it. Have fun!!
  • kellycrow
    Options
    love love LOVE ZUMBA!!!! It IS a ton of fun and it IS a GREAT workout!!!! If you look online, it says that you can burn over 500 cal in one hour but I know it varies per person. I know I am getting a fantastic workout every time I go. I SOOOOOO love it! It is one work out when I smile the ENTIRE time!

just try it!!!!

:o)
  • dina0521
    dina0521 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for this class too! I am super excited to give it a try. I've heard it's amazing!! :wink:
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    Zumba is a fantastic workout! I burn about 600-700 calories (usually log 600). It's great for your core because you are stablizing your muscles the entire time. I've seen amazing results and am totally addicited! I'm thinking about adding hand weights too to increase the burn.

YOU arasmc are an ADDICT!! LOL! and a damn good one at that! LMBO!!
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    It's so much fun!! The first time I did it it brought back memories of dancing around my room as a teenager for some reason, haha. :tongue: I didn't realize how sweaty/worn out I was til I left because I was so into it, it was awesome!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Zumba is really fun, really addicting and will make you SWEAT! Go for it!
  • czar1978
    Options
    Love, love, love Zumba! It is so much fun, and it doesn't feel like a workout at all! Don't get me wrong--you sweat and burn tons of calories, but it is FUN! I do Zumba twice a week; always after a body sculpt class. Let me tell you, the thought of my fun workout always gets me through the tough weight-lifting one. :laugh: Join the Zumba party and have fun!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    LOVES IT! tonight will be my first time wearing a HRM during a class, but i have been going for a few months!!!!
    soooo fun time flies - she's even extended our classes to 75 min here it's fabulous!

Pg:flowerforyou:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Zumba class!!! I used to go out dancing ALL THE TIME when I was in my 20's :) Don't really enjoy the scene anymore what with a hubby and two kids at home, but Zumba has made me feel like I'm dancing again!!!
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've taken two zumba classes, and they are fun if you enjoy dancing. I have taken the classes because my sister-in-law is the instructor, so I thought I'd give it a try. They are very fast-paced and somewhat hard to follow at first, but I think that gets better once you've been to a few classes. My sister-in-law weard her HRM and she burns between 800 and 1200 calories for her 60 minute class. I believe it too, because I usually take step class, which is a really good cardio workout, but that Zumba class was a lot more energetic that I expected. I know I burned A LOT of calories.
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    I LOVE it too. LONGMOM and I go together every week. I look forward to my Thursday night classes. Your right you *almost* don't feel like your working out, minus the sweat and laboured breathing :laugh:
  • mmichel1
    Options
    I just recently started taking zumba class last week at the recreation facility that I work at. I don't think I've ever had more fun doing cardio! To add to the excitement, I was SWEATING soo much! lol I recommend it to everyone!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :) Wow --- thanks ladies. I'm in.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    If you don't have a class near you, the $60 Zumba DVD set is great. I can't believe how quickly the time goes by.