london marathon

Options
hello just woundering is anyone eles out there running london in april . can we share our training and ups and downs and why we are running this , for our selfs or for someone or a charity .

Replies

• Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi, well done on getting a place! are you running for charity?
  • pinkladykat
    Options
    yes im running for MS here my story or my brother story realy .My brothere when he was in his late 30 had a stroke , after being in and out of hospital with issue they thought where from his stroke they sent him to a bigger hospital and they did test for a long long time he has been suffering with ms not having minnie strokes like they thought he was having .

I started running some years ago did a few marathons and half marathons and when my brother got sick i made a deal with him that if i ever get into London marathon i would run it for him so oct 1 2012 i got told i got a place wow i screamed the street down when i got the mail i m sure everyone thought i was going nuts but nope it the marathon i been wanting to do for yr after yr of trying .

I Skype my brother see my brother walks with a frame most days and the deal was if i got into London he would walk the river run that is held back home every year so he just yelled omg i have to walk 3 miles omg that 3 miles will be more of a marathon for him so im doing the marathon in london for ms for him and he will walk the river run in med hat Alberta .

that our story

what is your story why are you running the marathon im starting my training on dec 3 but im already out running most days god hope i do my brother and family proud . im hoping to lose some weight as i am a fat runner but im out there that what counts :blushing:
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Good for you. A great story and good luck to your brother too. I forgot to try and enter the ballot for London next year but I have done it twice before in 2009 and 2011. I will be running the Brighton marathon the weekend before London next April, plus I have another one to do in December.

Best of luck with it. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • justrunjon
    Options
    Im doing Brighton the week before! have you done a marathon before?
  • pinkladykat
    Options
    wow thank you all . looking for any tips you have
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring!

I'm training for a marathon next May, you may also want to have a look in the Group forums, for example:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/111-long-distance-runners

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/252-marathon-runners-past-present-future
  • pinkladykat
    Options
    thank you for them links will have a look and good luck to all yous and your runs too