Has anyone tried dietchef.com?

Options
Hi

Has anyone tried dietchef.com or any similar sites where you get your food delivered to you for a month? I just wondered if the food is any good? I've just signed up for the 1200 calories a day package so I don't have to stress over what to eat lol I'm hoping it will keep me on track with my diet.

I've also got a voucher for £10 off if anyone is interested? It's MYHICCIW

Replies

• 1969San
    1969San Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

I do diet chef and I think the food is really nice. The only downside is that sometimes I just feel like a grilled or steamed piece of meat or fish and all the diet chef dinners are sauce based. Having said that, they really are tasty and filling. Let us know how you get on with it and good luck x
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of that specific service, nor have I personally used any others. The one Janet Jackson is currently supporting, I think it's Nutrisystem? I've heard the food isn't very palatable. However, I'm sure that can't be the case with all of them.

Let us know how it goes!
  • fairie_of_ice
    Options
    Hi

I do diet chef and I think the food is really nice. The only downside is that sometimes I just feel like a grilled or steamed piece of meat or fish and all the diet chef dinners are sauce based. Having said that, they really are tasty and filling. Let us know how you get on with it and good luck x

Awesome, that's great to hear. I'm looking forward to it now :) x
  • 1969San
    1969San Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've just had the beef in ale for dinner and it was lovely, very tasty and had lots of sliced potato in it too!
  • fairie_of_ice
    Options
    I'm actually really impressed by the food. So far, so good! It seems to be keeping me full PLUS you get a bit of a work out carrying the heavy box the food comes in, especially if you live up two flights of stairs like me haha x
  • michellemythen
    Options
    Hiya i'm thinking about starting diet chef now and just wondering how you guys got on with it! Has it worked for youa?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    For the insane amount of money they charge for that service, you can buy and prepare your own healthy meals. Buy a food scale, some good cookbooks and some good ingredients.
    It's important to learn to do things by yourself, not rely on someone else. If you leave all the nutrition side to someone else and pay them on top of that, you will be paying them to do it forever or gain back the weight as soon as you stop.
  • Mabuhay1
    Mabuhay1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For the insane amount of money they charge for that service, you can buy and prepare your own healthy meals. Buy a food scale, some good cookbooks and some good ingredients.
    It's important to learn to do things by yourself, not rely on someone else. If you leave all the nutrition side to someone else and pay them on top of that, you will be paying them to do it forever or gain back the weight as soon as you stop.

I totally agree with you.

That was what happened to me when I was with Jenny Craig. I dropped out before reaching my goal weight and I did put 5 kgs back ( lost 9 kgs whilst on it for many months) after giving Jenny Craig away.

I went back to Jenny Craig about a month ago for another two weeks but decided to give it away as many times I did not like the food they gave me and I ended up eating something else .

It is better to have more control over what to put in my mouth; have that choice and knowing how to prepare the dishes and learning how many calories, fat , protein, carbohydrates, etc. contents each prepared dish for myself and for whole family.

I am a very busy person but I have managed to prepare my own foods and I enjoy preparing it ; enjoy making decision on what I can have or what I feel like eating every meal ; not stressing at all on what to prepare. Fun and educational.

I have to learn somehow how to do it myself and it is fun to be able to make the decision on what I can have or what I feel like having and not let some diet company to do it for me. That way I become more responsible and save some monies at same time.

Cheers