Diet coke cake help needed!

Options
valerieknox
valerieknox Posts: 45 Member
So I've read numerous recipes on how to make cakes with cake mix and diet coke and how well it turns out. The problem is, here in Germany, I can't seem to find any cake mixes without sugar. Does anyone know if I could make one on my own? What would I put in it, like flour, cocoa powder and baking soda? And mix that with the coke? Any ideas?

Replies

• Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have always made it with regular cake mix. You simply replace the water/egg/oil with diet coke (I also think adding one egg white helps with texture). You can mix up flavors, too. It will have a very light crumbly texture.

Even better than diet coke cake, IMHO is to replace the egg and oil with canned pumpkin and a little water. Makes a delicious dense cake with lots of added fiber and vitamins. I love it with chocolate cake mix and you can also do a spice cake.
  • calitravelingal
    Options
    if you search online for 'cake from scratch recipe' there are tons of recipes to be found. then you can sub the sugar for what ever you want.
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have always made it with regular cake mix. You simply replace the water/egg/oil with diet coke (I also think adding one egg white helps with texture). You can mix up flavors, too. It will have a very light crumbly texture.

Even better than diet coke cake, IMHO is to replace the egg and oil with canned pumpkin and a little water. Makes a delicious dense cake with lots of added fiber and vitamins. I love it with chocolate cake mix and you can also do a spice cake.

How much coke are you meant to add,
  • DebLee
    DebLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pillsbury makes sugar free chocolate cake mix or yellow cake mix.

I used to use diet coke or sprite zero until I discovered 12 oz of club soda is better. Since sprite has some citrus flavor it doesn't always go over with the yellow cake mix. Since club soda has no flavor no one can tell that's what I used.
    I started mixing fat free cool whip with hunts sugar free pudding for frosting. Chocolate or caramel are the best. To make it look pretty instead of using colored sugar I thought slightly colored shredded coconut would be pretty. I put a couple tablespoons of coconut in a baggie and add a drop or two of food coloring and shake well. Then sprinkle on the cupcakes.
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    Will be trying this tonight! Thanks :)