looking for fitness gadget recommendations

Options
So I have been considering purchasing a Fitbit to track my fitness activities (and I like to sleep tracker feature too) but I don't want to buy yet another fad item on impulse. I want to know what others are using and why they made the choice for the gadget they use. So please, if you read this post a reply because I truly am looking for some tried and true advice. TY

Replies

• acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I bought my fitbit 6 weeks ago. I love it. I wear it all day every day--- and yes, do use the sleep tracker. I'm competitive- and the person I like to compete with the most is myself. There is no way that I am not going to meet my goals... if I get home at the end of the day and see that I still need a few floors and I need some more steps, I put on my sneaks and get outside to get it done. I also really like data, and it's fun to see all of the various charts and graphs showing my progress.

For me, it's been a great tool. I am definitely more active!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Only one gadget (plus 2 accessories) you need. Get a smartphone, preferably Android. For the accessories get an arm strap and headphones. Download an app to record your walking or running (My Tracks). Get an app to record your strength training (Jefit). Get a few apps to play music and podcasts to listen to while you handle your business (stock Music app, Spotify, Pandora, and best Fit Radio).

That's all you need. Well, along with a good training program of course, which is pretty easy to find. No HRM, Fitbit, Bodybug, and anything like that ever got anyone into shape. Getting in shape gets you into shape. HRM straps are just something you take the time to put on before actually getting in shape. Cart-Horse. Cart-Horse. Cart-Horse.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Only one gadget (plus 2 accessories) you need. Get a smartphone, preferably Android. For the accessories get an arm strap and headphones. Download an app to record your walking or running (My Tracks). Get an app to record your strength training (Jefit). Get a few apps to play music and podcasts to listen to while you handle your business (stock Music app, Spotify, Pandora, and best Fit Radio).

That's all you need. Well, along with a good training program of course, which is pretty easy to find. No HRM, Fitbit, Bodybug, and anything like that ever got anyone into shape. Getting in shape gets you into shape. HRM straps are just something you take the time to put on before actually getting in shape. Cart-Horse. Cart-Horse. Cart-Horse.
    Agreed, minus the android part. :tongue:
    You might want a decent pair of sweat-proof headphones, too. My vote goes to sennheiser's sport buds (paired with adidas now).