Never formally introduced myself....

Options
It was Jan. 2nd 2011. I was at my doctors' office for a routine exam...everything was fine until i stepped on the scale. I could feel myself getting dizzy and humiliated as the scale flashed 299lbs. I was never a "small" guy, but, this was the heaviest I've ever been. It was life-changing.
Ii quickly identified a few food items that had to be cut out of my diet ASAP, mainly, the sugar-laced lemonade that I seemed to drink with EVERYTHING.
Well, as of today, I weigh 244lbs, have been walking (and sometimes running) with my dog every morning, and have improved my diet.
Its been a rollercoaster ride of triumphs and fails, ups and downs, but, for some reason, I feel that I CANT give up this time. throughout all the strikes against me, I WILL do it this time!
Praying for support....

Replies

• PhoebesFit
    Options
    First of all congrats on your accomplishment. And you are doing great.

You can do anything you put your mind to. You can add me if you'd like.
  • bosimba
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    and, I would be honored to have you as a fitness friend!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Very impressive journey! I've lost about 40 lbs. during the same time period, so I know a little of the journey. Feel free to add me.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    awesome!! good for you.....you are doin great. keep up the hard work.....it does pay off.
    i know MFP was the best choice i ever made. :smile:
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • bosimba
    Options
    wow! thank u guys so much for the support!..
  • VerucaSult
    VerucaSult Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Your doing fantastic!!!!! I am ALWAYS looking for new pals to be motivated by! Add me if you want to!!!!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi Bos. You are amazing! I think what you've said is a testimony to my philosophy of weight loss. Simple changes can add up to big results that will last a lifetime. As our body lets go of fat we do have to tweak our intake a bit over time....that means eat a bit less or in my mind it means eat a bit smarter because there is never a reason to let yourself be super hungry. It helps me stay motivated to spend some time every day reading on the forums. Doesn't matter if I learn anything new...just feel like I'm sharing my journey by reading what others are up to.