My Mom needs friends!

Options
Hello MFPs!!

My Mom just joined! But she really needs some friends. She is 47, lives in Iowa. Loves art, lives to the beat of music, and made me :) She loves classic rock and outdoor things like fishing, hunting, boating, hiking.

She needs friends who have been successful but who are still on their journey.

She is Hamptonartist

Thank you all!!!!

Replies

• clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Who's your mommy?
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Have her friend request me. I am 48, lost 37 lbs and am still on my quest. It's nice to have support! Castell5
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Have your mom send me a friend request. I grew up in Des Moines. I am 50 and love classic rock, too.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I understand your concern but you have to allow your mom to have her own journey. It takes a few days to get used to the way MFP works, especially for us "older brains". And it's fair to be a bit careful about adding friends until you figure out what you want and how to get it. You might encourage her to spend time reading on the forums: "intro" and "diet and nutrition".
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I sent her a friend request. BTW..."She is Hamptonartist". ;)

My "older brain" works just fine :laugh:!!! One has to start somewhere and negative peeps can be deleted. It's great you are helping her to get started. IMCO...hah!
  • mountain59
    mountain59 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just sent her a friend request .... she sounds like my kind of people. lol
  • 170isreal
    170isreal Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Guys. I know it helped me to start with a lot of friends, seeing others success and gathering ideas is what MFP is all about!

Her user name is: Hamptonartist
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    ps: From my profile, "If you want to friend me...do it only if you want a mutual relationship of support and sharing in the journey. Not a friend collector, but a relationship builder." Taking applications now :tongue: ...safe bet, very happily married for 33+ years. Read my profile first. Support here is great.

Silly me.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I sent her a request.